the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Thats YOUR treatment.... Mine is Panic- Call ER DOC, explain i can't do anything, then ask what to do. lol luckily im an EMT on a CCT rig tho, so thats ALLLL my Medics problem... I still call the Doc, just for my partner :p
Our treatment is supportive care, with emphasis on preparation for an emergent airway. So for me? Dim lights and monitoring for any changes in ventilatory status, by no means no reason for me to panic.

It's essentially "basic" treatment. They don't even want an IV if it can be prolonged/ with held until ED arrival. Epiglottis is not all that common where I am, yet would argue it is in fact a true "airway emergency".

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Our treatment is supportive care, with emphasis on preparation for an emergent airway. So for me? Dim lights and monitoring for any changes in ventilatory status, by no means no reason for me to panic.

It's essentially "basic" treatment. They don't even want an IV if it can be prolonged/ with held until ED arrival. Epiglottis is not all that common where I am, yet would argue it is in fact a true "airway emergency".
The way it was explained to me by my EMT teacher was along the lines of: "dont think about the child, dont look at the child, dont do anything to aggravate/change the childs state in any way Obviously, you need to monitor your patient, but i think it was to draw a picture. Here its common because often some families cannot afford the vaccines and cold populated underfunded city = good environment.
I have no emergency airway capabilities other then bvm and OPA/NPA. My medic partner would be doing that bit..

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The way it was explained to me by my EMT teacher was along the lines of: "dont think about the child, dont look at the child, dont do anything to aggravate/change the childs state in any way...
:rolleyes:

CALEMT

Whoooa nelly, a judicial diesel bolus titrated to getting there in one piece:).

I meant that more in the sense of get them to a higher level of care to where they can actually do something. Not drive like your hair is on fire and your *** is catching.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I meant that more in the sense of get them to a higher level of care to where they can actually do something. Not drive like your hair is on fire and your *** is catching.
i know i know contradiction, but i think you got the point that was trying to be made..... or at least i hope you did :oops:o_O
Indeed, sir.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
That reminds me, I'm at the track Sunday. Damn it. I don't want to be at the track. I'm bored. I want to run calls.

@CALEMT Do you want to get track certified? Sounds like we're going to do a few more. We're hurting on medics that are, uh, responsible(?) enough to do track. But there's talks of a few more EMT's signing up. I'm sure some PT'rs would be nice.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Today should be an interesting day. We (Manatee County Medical Reserve Corps) will be setting up our Medical Aid Station Trailer at the Bradenton Blues Festival today. 0730 - 2100. Long day, but the weather should be beautiful and we get to listen to great music.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I knew I shouldn't have talked about my recliner...tones perfectly spaced all night for right when you start to fall asleep [emoji42].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Other CCT truck got an epiglottitis call... sooooooooooooooooooooo glad.
I've had two of those this year so far... Luckily the neb epi helped, but it was still dicey

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

CALEMT

@CALEMT Do you want to get track certified? Sounds like we're going to do a few more. We're hurting on medics that are, uh, responsible(?) enough to do track. But there's talks of a few more EMT's signing up. I'm sure some PT'rs would be nice.

You know I've seriously thought about it. With me going into medic school and all. It would be the perfect shift to be able to study and all. Maybe run a couple calls.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That reminds me, I'm at the track Sunday. Damn it. I don't want to be at the track. I'm bored. I want to run calls.
That's the whole reason I am at the track! It's nice to get paid and not have to do any paperwork aside from a simple stand-by ePCR.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
You know I've seriously thought about it. With me going into medic school and all. It would be the perfect shift to be able to study and all. Maybe run a couple calls.
Do this as much as you can. I take it you have started now?