the 100% directionless thread

My next step is the Swim and Dive test which is 5 days from now (thank goodness my uncle who lives here is willing to put up with me lol, otherwise a hotel as well would probably price this department to pipe dream status..)

Anyways, it's a 100m swim in a municipal 50m swimming pool,
Candidates are allowed 2 minutes 45 seconds running time to complete this activity. Beginning at the deep end of the pool, candidates shall swim 50 meters one way, touch the wall, swim 50 meters back, and touch the wall. Candidates shall then dive to the bottom of the pool (approximately 13 feet) and retrieve a 10-pound object.
Once I pass that, fly back to LA and play the waiting game for the next step (should be interviews) to be scheduled :)

Just got the email saying congratulations. I'm now dedicating the next year of my life to anxiety and suffering. Welcome to medic school.
Curious to know where, if you don't want to publicly share, slide me a PM.

My next step is the Swim and Dive test which is 5 days from now (thank goodness my uncle who lives here is willing to put up with me lol, otherwise a hotel as well would probably price this department to pipe dream status..)

Once I pass that, fly back to LA and play the waiting game for the next step (should be interviews) to be scheduled :)
Good luck, brother. As a side, another reason I thought of applying to beach departments, I love to swim.

My wife actually just recently bought me a waterproof Garmin that tells me how far I go; turns out I average ~1600-1700 meters in a 25 meter poolo_O.

Good luck, brother. As a side, another reason I thought of applying to beach departments, I love to swim.

My wife actually just recently bought me a waterproof Garmin that tells me how far I go; turns out I average ~1600-1700 meters in a 25 meter poolo_O.
Yeah, I sure don't see too many truck companies with surfboards as standard equipment back home! lots of tourists needing rescued lol

Good luck man! You got it!

There's this fancy thing called counting your laps...and I used to swim a 1000yds for a warmup! ;)

I had these things when I swam all the time that attached to your goggles and rested on your cheek bones and transmitted vibrations through your bones to your ear so you could listen to music while you swam. Had a decent memory and easy-to-use control buttons on one side to skip/pause songs. Made swimming amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had these things when I swam all the time that attached to your goggles and rested on your cheek bones and transmitted vibrations through your bones to your ear so you could listen to music while you swam. Had a decent memory and easy-to-use control buttons on one side to skip/pause songs. Made swimming amazing.
what elf/ genie did you get to find these things, that sounds like space magic >.<

Y'all are crazy. I can run for days, but down and back in the pool and I'm done :confused:

Y'all are crazy. I can run for days, but down and back in the pool and I'm done :confused:
my achilles heel is stairs >.< ran 18 miles rucking 105 lbs keeping up ish with a PJ(friend) yet 2-3 flights of stairs and im winded...

my achilles heel is stairs >.< ran 18 miles rucking 105 lbs keeping up ish with a PJ(friend) yet 2-3 flights of stairs and im winded...
Yeah, I feel your pain. Hills are usually the devil for me. If I don't train for them, they'll knock me out.

Yeah, I feel your pain. Hills are usually the devil for me. If I don't train for them, they'll knock me out.
Come out here....half my runs are uphill. Hell, I can run 3/4 directions and hit a hill and even the 1/4 will lead to a hill if I want it to....what gets me is running tracks. I can't stand running in a circle. :mad:

Come out here....half my runs are uphill. Hell, I can run 3/4 directions and hit a hill and even the 1/4 will lead to a hill if I want it t

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 152
Back