the 100% directionless thread

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Have not been able to fall asleep. Bleh and I have a 24 tomorrow. On a different note got two applications filled out and submitted. One county based and one hospital based!

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
This goes for everyone here:

The community leaders want to know how we are doing. If you think there is a way we can improve this forum, send us a note please! Be specific, tell me what I'm doing right or wrong. But we can't really change much based on non-specific commentary.
Is there a specific way to send a note to all mods in general or do we just PM one of you?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Let me know when you come down. I like beer.
Seconded.
So we need to plan a Texas EMTLife,Pricks,Douchebags beer fest?

I'm in

I'm down. My lady is coming with me since she wants to see the area because if I get a job she'll be dragged down here with me.

Gotta find a hotel and rent a car unless someone has a car they wanna let me borrow... ;) Bought the plane tickets last night. Will be getting in Saturday 9/12 early afternoon then leaving Friday 9/18 early in the morning,

Looking at it right now this trip is gonna be ~1200-1400 bucks then if I get a spot the rental truck, tow trailer for the car and fuel is gonna be ~2000 plus deposit and rent for a new place. Gonna have to work a lot of OT between now and then.

I told her if I get a job we should sell both our cars and just lease/buy new ones when we get down there but I don't think she liked that idea much.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm looking to buy a 3rd car but I won't have it that soon.Otherwise I'd let ya borrow it.

You for sure gonna move or is it still just a possibility?

I'd think just keep the current cars and sell the truck when you get here. Diesel pickups hold their value well here and you could sell it then pay cash with the equity for something else and maybe pocket a little.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Is there a specific way to send a note to all mods in general or do we just PM one of you?
When you report a post we all see it. You should be able to send PMs to multiple members/CLs as well.

PotatoMedic

So... AMR Pierce county is shutting down their operation. Interesting.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Fall is coming.
image.jpg

PotatoMedic

Interview next week!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So...apparently Fort Irwin, CA has an ALS response team specifically for the Desert Tortoise population.....

So...apparently Fort Irwin, CA has an ALS response team specifically for the Desert Tortoise population.....
Explain?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
This was all explained in our Orientation (Day 1 here at post) They are a "Threatened" (not quite "Endangered") species here that like to roam around the training areas, and because of that, we literally have to go out of our way to avoid disturbing them, including halting training if need be. Sometimes though we can simply pick them up and move them out of the way, but one of their defense mechanisms is apparently to pee all over the place...which drains their bodily fluids leaving the tortoise dehydrated in the desert....So they explained in that case simply call it in, and someone will literally come out to your location to give the tortoise an IV so it doesn't die

Not quite what I thought you meant. That's interesting though!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
This was all explained in our Orientation (Day 1 here at post) They are a "Threatened" (not quite "Endangered") species here that like to roam around the training areas, and because of that, we literally have to go out of our way to avoid disturbing them, including halting training if need be. Sometimes though we can simply pick them up and move them out of the way, but one of their defense mechanisms is apparently to pee all over the place...which drains their bodily fluids leaving the tortoise dehydrated in the desert....So they explained in that case simply call it in, and someone will literally come out to your location to give the tortoise an IV so it doesn't die
Does the tortoise have to sign an AMA form if it refuses to be transported?

PotatoMedic

It would be an AVA, against veterinarian advice.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
No need to backboard it..

In other news the new love of my life is Plasti-dip.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?