the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The chevy bowtie on the front and back and then all the chrome lettering on the truck. I'm not a huge fan of the chrome color
2015-08-04 13.39.47.jpg

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
The chevy bowtie on the front and back and then all the chrome lettering on the truck. I'm not a huge fan of the chrome color

Ive been wanting to do this to my tacoma for the longest time. Did you remove the lettering?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ive been wanting to do this to my tacoma for the longest time. Did you remove the lettering?
Negative. With the plasti-dip you leave the lettering on. You simply tape off the area (about 1-2 inches from the lettering) place several coats. Then you peel off the unwanted paint.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Negative. With the plasti-dip you leave the lettering on. You simply tape off the area (about 1-2 inches from the lettering) place several coats. Then you peel off the unwanted paint.

Interesting, looks like I found my new project for my truck.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Interesting, looks like I found my new project for my truck.
I thought about removing the lettering and then painting but I didn't want to deal with cleaning the adhesive off and then placing new adhesive and attempting to put the lettering on straight.

I've hard of several people using plasti-dip to paint their whole cars and hearing how long it lasts. Decided to give it a try. Cleaning the emblems took the longest. Then it was just your normal spray and wait for it to dry. Then spray again at a different angle, etc. Saved well over $100.

https://m.youtube.com/user/DipYourCarcom

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I think I'm gonna get some plasti-dip and do my wheels. I got some absurd looking BFG mud terrains put on today. 300 bucks for four that have like 800 mile on them. Wasn't quite what I was after, but a deal is a deal.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I think I'm gonna get some plasti-dip and do my wheels. I got some absurd looking BFG mud terrains put on today. 300 bucks for four that have like 800 mile on them. Wasn't quite what I was after, but a deal is a deal.
Who in their right mind sells 4 BFGs for $300?!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Who in their right mind sells 4 BFGs for $300?!
Someone who works in a four wheel drive shop and has a lot of people getting rid of their stock tires I guess. I think they came off a stock Wrangler Rubicon, and they happened to fit my Frontier.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

I love BFG's. Had all-terrains on several of my Jeeps and trucks and loved them. Never had mud-terrains, but I've driven Jeeps with them and they seem great.

I'm thinking of buying a nearly new 2014 Rubicon Hard Rock for less than the price on a 2015 Rubicon.....

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I love BFG's. Had all-terrains on several of my Jeeps and trucks and loved them. Never had mud-terrains, but I've driven Jeeps with them and they seem great.

I'm thinking of buying a nearly new 2014 Rubicon Hard Rock for less than the price on a 2015 Rubicon.....

4Runner Trail Edition. Just as capable and a lot nicer.