the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel

Angel

Paramedic
Yeaaaaas I'm not the only one. I know they did that with the Veronica Mars movie, I just don't get why if it's so popular they can't get studios to sign off and pay for it? You would think they'd be chomping at the bit, but idk how all that works

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I have an interview in the morning. Should I be studying or something? I have a good grip on the medical aspect. (I think) Should I be doing something?

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Life with kids.. All I want to do is take a shower without being asked 578744 questions through the shower curtain...

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Its kind of weird they are asking people to fork money over to help budget the movie, But apparently people are. I really liked the first one and would love to see a second one though!

Yeaaaaas I'm not the only one. I know they did that with the Veronica Mars movie, I just don't get why if it's so popular they can't get studios to sign off and pay for it? You would think they'd be chomping at the bit, but idk how all that works

My guess is they didn't want some big company to produce it. Let the people provide money and they get an instant reward. Make the movie, put it in theaters, then they (actors, crew) can pocket every single dime. They don't have to pay some big ol' company just for putting up the money.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That and they have full creative control...don't have to worry about a big studio produce it via committee and ruin it...wouldn't be the first time

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That and they have full creative control...don't have to worry about a big studio produce it via committee and ruin it...wouldn't be the first time
From what I have been reading this is one factor. Another thing is that the studios weren't sure if making another movie would be worth it (as in if it was going to be popular enough).

I do really like the fact that they are at least giving away stuff if you donate. Someone spend $35,000 on the police car they will use in the movie.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I haven't seen it either. To be completely fair, I was only 6 when it came out. So I think it's a bit more understandable. Hah

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Got a new phone. It was between the nexus 6 and the moto x and since the nexus didn't fit any of my pockets I went with the moto x. Who needs root when you have lollipop?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Yeah read about this yesterday, could have been a lot worse. If anyone has a fear of chairlifts I wouldn't watch this video. Granted it was from the 90s and regulations/technology has advanced, just don't want to scare anyone from how awesome snowboarding/skiing is.

Makes you appreciate back up brakes for sure ha. Maine ski resorts are having a tough week, a skier died yesterday at Sunday River.

Classic video.