the 100% directionless thread

I have to do the entire series (four courses...I forget the numbers) so I can get a free trip to Michigan in the name of disaster preparedness.
New EMT grad and I want to work for Royal Ambulance and they require you to have ICS 100 and NIMS 700, which is why I am doing 'em, but I think I will considering doing more just to have more certs and education under my belt.. be in sync with things when a disaster happens. They're easy anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:
New EMT grad and I want to work for Royal Ambulance and they require you to have ICS 100 and NIMS 700, which is why I am doing 'em, but I think I will considering doing more just to have more certs and education under my belt.. be in sync with things when a disaster happens. They're easy anyhow.
I know. I've had to do them countless times before in the various permutations of them over the past 15 years.

BTW, as a former supervisor (not with that service obviously), I can tell you that the extra ICS classes and the like are not going to really improve your chances any. They won't hurt, but it's not going to really make you stand out in the massive stack of applications due to how easy the courses are.

I had to get 100 and 200, and 700 to apply as a dispatcher at RM... So I've got all three now :P and no one else I'm applying to seems to use them at all

Everyone out here has to have 100/700 and 200/800 to work for any emergency or public service. As I have said before, all the online and classroom instruction is useless until you see ICS work in real life... When done correctly, it is a thing of beauty...

Everyone out here has to have 100/700 and 200/800 to work for any emergency or public service. As I have said before, all the online and classroom instruction is useless until you see ICS work in real life... When done correctly, it is a thing of beauty...

I'd never even heard of NIMS until I started looking at jobs in CO. No one in NM that I've seen required them

I'd never even heard of NIMS until I started looking at jobs in CO. No one in NM that I've seen required them

Seriously!? They're required for pretty much everything. Even needed them for volunteer SAR.

Seriously!? They're required for pretty much everything. Even needed them for volunteer SAR.

100% serious. My hospital of course didn't need them, the first service I worked for didn't know what they were, and every other service I've applied at in NM (a lot recently :p) don't have them as a reqiurement

I can't believe I just sent that...

NIMS 700 was boring, but I got through it. Now I need to be medically examine, take the ADL test, get a tetanus shot, and I should be good to go to apply there.

Yeh, I kind of figure it won't make me a star in the stack of applications, but I meant just knowledge to back me up when this sort of stuff does go down. Don't want to know just the bare minimum of how incidents are getting taken care of.

Update me jt.

When I hear soemthing I'll let you know... And when I resend it. Apparently my phone doesn't like pasting large files and then sending them through facebook... I got an error message late last night saying it didn't send

Although now I'm not sure if I wanna try sending it again

June was an awesome month, then my girlfriend and I broke up at the stroke of midnight last night.

Watch out San Diego, Adam's single again :P

Dear ex-landlord,

Thank you so much for changing the arrangement from, "Sure, you can keep the couches a few days until you sell them," to "I need you to get rid of the couches" in less than 24 hours. Also, yes, I kept a set of keys. Do you understand how hard it would be to try to schedule potential buyers around your, their, and my schedule? That kinda of dictates that I need a pair of keys. Similarly, unless you plan on being around tomorrow (since the Salvation Army doesn't do same day pickup) for a 3 hour block between 7am and 5pm, it doesn't do anyone any good if I return the keys today.

Thanks,
JPINFV

Sweet. Watching "Trauma Life in the ER" and this episode is at Baylors level 2 in Dallas.

I actually know what I'm seeing!

Sweet. Watching "Trauma Life in the ER" and this episode is at Baylors level 2 in Dallas.

I actually know what I'm seeing!

Y'all deliver to Baylor? I've heard that is a pretty good hospital.

I always like seeing a hospital you know on those shows. Used to live in Tampa FL about a half mile from Tampa general. Saw that one on the show once. They are busy!

Y'all deliver to Baylor? I've heard that is a pretty good hospital.

I always like seeing a hospital you know on those shows. Used to live in Tampa FL about a half mile from Tampa general. Saw that one on the show once. They are busy!

Heck, Baylor is the one I took all my ODs to a couple weeks back. I'm either at Baylor or Parkland (as in burn formula Parkland) on most shifts.

but I meant just knowledge to back me up when this sort of stuff does go down

OK, whatever kid. :lol:

Although I grabbed stuff from the drugstore I haven't touched since puberty, SCBA still makes me break out.

I got to spend an hour sleeping in a hammock today.

I'm not sure whether I need a life or have too much of one.

Back