the 100% directionless thread

J - if you wanna work for ATCEMS, you need to get some REALLY outstanding medic experience, OR move down here and finish medic school. The only new paramedics they hire here are from austin community college and any with experience need to beat out hundreds of applicants. just fyi. There are a few services that will hire you as an I around here, with fairly decent transport times, so you actually have time to work with a patient. Let me know if you need some info, i'm like 2 minutes south of downtown

I'm really hoping that Acadian will pick me up in OC TX, but if you know any Austin area services that are hiring right now let me know, I didn't see any but FDs that were looking for people :(
I'm hoping to just finish up real quick at TEEX and get some medic experience under my belt that way, but Acadian has their own academy so I might try for that if I get picked up by them.

Why wasn't I offered this list of good places, jimi?!

Last time I let you sleep on my couch!

lol
i'm just talking about Austin Travis county...which you already know about~

and i was talking about medic school... which is behind you now, bud!

J, If you want to work for ATCEMS, don't short yourself by going to TEEX.

From one of the captains i've been speaking with at ATCEMS, you won't get hired.

Oh, Linuss, i just figured out what you are talking about. Let me know man, i can point you to some decent places :)

Im ready for this full moon to go away, last few days have been crazy!!

McDonald v Chicago is finally in and the debate is over. The 2nd amendment is an individual right that the states can not take away without due process.

http://www.examiner.com/x-5738-Poli...-of-the-McDonald-v-Chicago-Supreme-Court-Case

Yes sir, great news.

0320 wake up tomorrow. Another long day of oil stand bys. I'm on a different site so HOPEFULLY this will be a 12 or 13 hour day, not a 14.5.

Oh, two new updates. A) Oil should be on the shores by now. They were bracing for landfall Saturday and Sunday. My Sunday briefing stated that it was 2-3 miles out and wind was bringing it towards the shore. So its a high chance that by the time I get on shift tomorrow, its there- which leads to

B ) I'm on a roaming unit, which means I'm on the front lines. I'll take pics, I'm debating bringing my Digital Rebel.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have twenty people online and no one in chat.

Everybody into the pool!

There are now 2 of us

Party in the chat, wootwoot.

Well, sheesh. I get on chat and nobody there! I think I scared everyone away. :ph34r:

Attention crazy lady: I am not the police and I did not install a tracking device in your nose.

We tried things your way with me trying to talk you down for 10 minutes, now we do it my way, with 5mg of Valium making you sleepy.

Oh Valium. You work with seizures AND crazy people. Is there anything you can't do?

Ugh...

that is all

Is because you is a GIRL!!! Remember that whole thing a day or so ago?:P

I don't think it had to do with the her being a girl, that scared everyone off the other day. It had to do with the topic at hand that was amongst two or three girls. (can't remember who all what there)
Not all girls are that scary.:ph34r:

Back