the 100% directionless thread

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm excited. After about 6 months at my hospital gig, I found out that we have subscriptions to UpToDate and to a journal database that literally has journals on everything and anything.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Apparently my partner thinks it's ok to lay down on the bench seat and play on his phone when he has a patient in the back with him.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That must've been a heck of a drive, just saw a Hall Ambulance down here at UCLA Westwood

That must've been a heck of a drive, just saw a Hall Ambulance down here at UCLA Westwood
I went to UCLA - Ronald Reagan on my last shift.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well I'm starting to get very very irked as it looks like I'm being stood up right now....a girl I've been out with once before texts me earlier today saying her other ride bailed on her, could I please come pick her up after her class at UCLA (I live out in the San Gabriel Valley, approx. an hours drive), we'll hang out grab some dinner, watch a movie at her place, all in all, sounds like a fine evening that beat my current plan of binge watching Mythbusters at home with some left over pizza lol.

Well I drive out here and manage to find parking just south of the big hospital (hence the Hall sighting earlier). It's been almost an hour and a half since she told me to be here, oh and the best part is I haven't heard from her since before I left my house, when she told me to keep in touch!!!

So.....anybody here familiar enough with UCLA to direct me to a local watering hole popular enough with the ladies I can attempt to salvage the evening?

Anjel

Forum Angel

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
What a great day at work! Beautiful fall day in the 50s, started off the morning making a standby appearance at a Turkey Trot 5K, had time for lunch, then had an RSI that went well. I flew with DSP in their brand new Bell 429 on it's first ever transport then spent the next few hours catching calls with them without having time to make it back to my county. Damn shame . Also, a hike through the woods was included in all this at some point.

I tell ya, not a terrible way to make a day's pay.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
First day working at a different company tomorrow. I can't wait!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
What a great day at work! Beautiful fall day in the 50s, started off the morning making a standby appearance at a Turkey Trot 5K, had time for lunch, then had an RSI that went well. I flew with DSP in their brand new Bell 429 on it's first ever transport then spent the next few hours catching calls with them without having time to make it back to my county. Damn shame . Also, a hike through the woods was included in all this at some point.

I tell ya, not a terrible way to make a day's pay.
That sounds most excellent. I haven't a woods call since the summer time, I think I got spoiled taking them once every couple of weeks. The wilderness bag looks so lonely.

Though at this point any call sounds nice. Tomorrow begins yet another rotation at the super slow substation, and apparently my next nine 24s will be here, on top of the last nine. I'm already losing my touch I think...

First day working at a different company tomorrow. I can't wait!
Break A Leg (Eh, I mean good luck) Aprz! :)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well I'm starting to get very very irked as it looks like I'm being stood up right now....a girl I've been out with once before texts me earlier today saying her other ride bailed on her, could I please come pick her up after her class at UCLA (I live out in the San Gabriel Valley, approx. an hours drive), we'll hang out grab some dinner, watch a movie at her place, all in all, sounds like a fine evening that beat my current plan of binge watching Mythbusters at home with some left over pizza lol.

Well I drive out here and manage to find parking just south of the big hospital (hence the Hall sighting earlier). It's been almost an hour and a half since she told me to be here, oh and the best part is I haven't heard from her since before I left my house, when she told me to keep in touch!!!

So.....anybody here familiar enough with UCLA to direct me to a local watering hole popular enough with the ladies I can attempt to salvage the evening?

I know that feel bro...

Anjel

Forum Angel
Huh... Who knew that warning labels were supposed to be taken seriously.

When a pre-workout supplement says start with one scoop to test your tolerance; you should listen.

On another note; my lips are numb, I can hear colors, but feel amazing! Best work out I've had in a long time.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
What did you take?

Anjel

Forum Angel
What did you take?

C4. It was awesome, but I was slightly tachycardic (190) and my skin was on fire.

1 scoop next time for sure.

Anjel

Forum Angel