the 100% directionless thread

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
So sorry DE, we're dealing with the same thing with my great grandmother. 99 years old currently, past 4 years her mental health hasn't quite been there. She'll still go fishing everyday with my grandpa, though, ha.
Anyways. I failed my MEPs exam due to vision. This is slightly disappointing.
Now I have to figure out what the plan is, since my back up MOS is unavailable.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I think I killed Thanksgiving dinner!!! On the down side, I know remember why I hate social interaction. If you're under 10 and try to help cook, it's cute. If you're a grown *** person trying to "help", all your going to do is piss off the person in charge (me).
I was in the same place, yesterday... I was cooking for my ex's family (explain to me how I got roped into that, because I'm still not sure), and I told them from the beginning there will not be any turkey. I had a giant pork roast that I stuffed with cranberry, walnuts, apricots and put a honey glaze on it, so the plan was that and a ham. I'm not a big turkey guy and everyone said they were fine without turkey. Alrighty then. Her mom showed up way early to my place and took over the over with a giant turkey.
Guess what I have left over in my fridge? 3/4's of a turkey...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Really thinking about going away from the iPhone brand. Never had that many issues with the phones. I just wish that they were able to multitask since I use my phone for a wide range of things.

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
Really thinking about going away from the iPhone brand. Never had that many issues with the phones. I just wish that they were able to multitask since I use my phone for a wide range of things.

multitask as in? I can talk on my phone while the GPS is going and get on the web. :D

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I can mutlitask with different apps at the same time. The joys of android and Samsung phones

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
Those with 5.11 boots - what do you use to polish them? My ATAC's don't seem to take a shine like other duty boots.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I've been looking at the note 4. It looks really good for what I need

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Apparently I'm slightly challenged when it comes to replying. Lol. I think the Samsung phones in general are great. This is my second. @Desert.......I think you should go for it.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Very sorry to hear what you are going through DE...

The joys of having family in your service area. Ran on my husbands Grandpa on Tuesday. He was found unresponsive in bed. Well technically he could open his eyes but couldn't move.

Huge hx of strokes. Initial BP 250/110. HR 49. Biot's respirations and blown pupil.

Ended up with a bleed with a Right Midline Shift.

Ended up dying that night. He raised my husband so this is all a lot.

I can see why Holidays are rough on people.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I had been "whining " in chat when I thought I was going to be spending Thanksgiving alone because my Mom didn't want to catch whatever bug it is that I have. I'm so thankful that she is still with us and doing relatively well. Reminds me to count my blessings.

It's not easy to cope with life's "left turns", but the holidays do seem to magnify one's pain. My thoughts will be with those who are experiencing difficult times this season.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I had been "whining " in chat when I thought I was going to be spending Thanksgiving alone because my Mom didn't want to catch whatever bug it is that I have. I'm so thankful that she is still with us and doing relatively well. Reminds me to count my blessings.

It's not easy to cope with life's "left turns", but the holidays do seem to magnify one's pain. My thoughts will be with those who are experiencing difficult times this season.
BTW.....My Mom ended up coming over yesterday. I didn't spend Thanksgiving alone. [emoji5]

MrJones

Iconoclast
My wife lost her mother, unexpectedly, on December 21. One year later, on December 25, she lost her father. It's taken a while, but she finally got her Christmas spirit back.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
OMG I can't get to sleep! Kids running round making noise, people doing housework, planes, trains, sunlight, gah!!!

For the IV-savvy amongst you, feel free to see if you can pop one in and give me something to make me to go sleep, I have to be up by 1600!

Untitled_1.gif