the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
2 days of classroom stuff for work down, two more to go. Skills tomorrow morning, then lunch then pediatric protocol review. Friday is review, more skills and then the first of three protocol tests.

Then, starting this coming Tuesday I'll be back on the street!

Like a little kid on Christmas right now.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
=/ I never got the flu shot. it wasnt available anymore when i "tried"
i got a letter from the pharmacist and that was good enough.
mandatory=get it or wear a mask?

i did neither, and didnt get sick. i havent had the flu shot in 11 years and never got the flu...
we should be more worried about ebola than the flu

Err what?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Beer and guns photos and.vidka and beer. God night alround

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Vacation cannot come soon enough...two weeks off starting saturday.

Online A and P was a poor choice. I'm paying 872 dollars to read a book, take tests, and do some half-assed labs. The lab kit does not match the labs very well, today my partner drew my blood so I could have something to experiment with. The lab called for "fresh mammal blood" and the kit provided a lancet and an eye dropper. Ya no.

Not to mention its grant season again so I have very little downtime.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Just got back from the Big & Rich concert in downtown Los Angeles, let me tell you that was one hell of a show, had an absolute blast. Bought two tickets plus parking for 80 bucks total, after seeing the show, I'd gladly have paid that for a single ticket. Had an old buddy from the security guard class I took before I started chasing Fire/EMS also go to the show, had tons of fun.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
we should be more worried about ebola than the flu
I like you Angel...but I want to dump a bunch of baby powder in my hand and slap you through my computer right now.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just got back from the Big & Rich concert in downtown Los Angeles, let me tell you that was one hell of a show, had an absolute blast. Bought two tickets plus parking for 80 bucks total, after seeing the show, I'd gladly have paid that for a single ticket. Had an old buddy from the security guard class I took before I started chasing Fire/EMS also go to the show, had tons of fun.
Jealous. I have heard they are really good live.
My only chance at a concert is working the stagecoach event. I need to work it out how I did 2 years ago. I only worked 1 day of the 3 day event but got the VIP wristbands/RFID chip that medical personnel are required to wear. Let's just say I wasn't going to let a >$500 wristband go to waste.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
My only chance at a concert is working the stagecoach event. I need to work it out how I did 2 years ago. I only worked 1 day of the 3 day event but got the VIP wristbands/RFID chip that medical personnel are required to wear. Let's just say I wasn't going to let a >$500 wristband go to waste.
Yeah they're awesome in concert, loved every second of it.

That sounds like a pretty darn good way to enjoy Stagecoach to me

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

And I worked your off days, and still didn't get a wristband :( It was still fun though!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm...mobile website is telling me I can't upload pics larget than 1MB....and the pic I took with my phone is 1.9MBs :/

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
53ff05ce0f08804dd3d579dff3d47009.jpg

The comment sections on facebook can be amazing sometimes

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
I match your crime with another crime. Yes, I'm pretty sure that this actually happened.
Screenshot_2014-08-24-10-59-39-1.png

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Things that provide me with glee: Paramedic students who try to argue and tell me what I'm teaching them is wrong because "My paramedic partner does this". No, kid. Your partner telling you amiodarone is indicated in asystole* doesn't make him smarter than me. Sorry to inform you, but your partner is a phuqtard. Now sit down and let me ***** slap you with some science.

*Just one example out of four today.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Things that provide me with glee: Paramedic students who try to argue and tell me what I'm teaching them is wrong because "My paramedic partner does this". No, kid. Your partner telling you amiodarone is indicated in asystole* doesn't make him smarter than me. Sorry to inform you, but your partner is a phuqtard. Now sit down and let me ***** slap you with some science.

Oh how dare he question your awesomeness your highness.

:p

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Oh how dare he question your awesomeness your highness.

:p
Does he not know who I am?! [emoji36] Lol! If you challenge me, I will certainly consider your argument. If I'm wrong, I'll admit I'm wrong. But when your argument is "Nuh uh! My friend said!", your likelihood of changing my mind drops to near zero. I also will think you're an idiot.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Does he not know who I am?! [emoji36] Lol! If you challenge me, I will certainly consider your argument. If I'm wrong, I'll admit I'm wrong. But when your argument is "Nuh uh! My friend said!", your likelihood of changing my mind drops to near zero. I also will think you're an idiot.

The "nuh uh" always works for me. I do add tongue though.

Edit: like sticking out my tongue lol

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Well, was supposed to take the first of 3 protocol exams tomorrow but myself and the other guy in my "academy" decided to be cute and say we were ready today. Come back from a break and what's sitting on our desks? The first protocol exam....we'll find out tomorrow if I passed it or not. I really could care less about the grade so long as it's above an 80%. I know how to operate in this system, I know the protocols, pretty sure I passed it but we will see.

Good news is I got the required 100% on the med math test. Granted we get to use a calculator so that's not too difficult.

Are you joking me!?

Are they your student for their entire internship?