the 100% directionless thread

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Isn't FiremanMike a member here too? You two are doing EMTLife proud out there! I like reading the perspectives of people who aren't involved in EMS and our day to day debates over these subjects.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Had to take a verbal test for the resident in order for him to let me intubate his patient.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Followed up on the etomidate and vec shortage. Looks like we arent expecting any issues with etomidate. Looking at nimbex and roc to replace vec. The shortage will be over before that ever happens.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Good news! How's the mobility?

It's getting there. Forward flexion is good, external rotation is getting there. I can put my hand behind my head finally. Can't leave it there for long before it gets uncomfortable but getting closer!

And apparently I managed to get myself into an argument about volunteer EMS on a gun forum. Really?

Well played sir. "You don't know what you don't know."

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What kind of questions did he ask you?

Just the landmarks we are looking for, the technique of how to do it, and some other basic questions. I wasn't really expecting it haha. Got the tube 1st try and then a couple of hours later got an EJ. Hoping for more stuff tomorrow.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Really?? I'm at my part time private company job, and that's the third time today dispatch has told a closer unit to stand down. I'm a block away and can be there in a minute, two tops, yet the other rig who is 5 out gets the call, why? Cuz apparently you don't want to have to call the city's police/fire dispatch to tell them you're reassigning a closer unit? Yeesh. The joys of working private Co's in LA -_- No wonder the city is moving from squads to their own ambulances. So glad this is only a side gig PRN </rant>

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Going to the hospital as a patient is such a different experience. I never appreciated such minor things knowing somebody's name, who they are, why there are here, what they want to do or why they want to do it and let's face it; sitting in the waiting room with a whole bunch of other people who are hacking and dying from various contagious diseases is just not my idea of a good time.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Had my first legitimate amputation. Too bad it wasn't an arm or a leg...

Anjel

Forum Angel
Had my first legitimate amputation. Too bad it wasn't an arm or a leg...

I had my first one the other day too! Thumb with a table saw.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Turns out it's hard to contact your cell phone company to deal with phone problems when your phone isn't working at all...Who knew?

JPINFV

Gadfly
I love being yelled at for not putting an order in... yet when I check the chart the order is in chart timed well before the resident's order... and in the computer well before the resident's order.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Looks like I'm taking a community paramedic program through my local college starting in the fall :) Plus one or two classes towards my degree. Gonna be a busy school year

PotatoMedic

Define local? Texas local or New Mexico local? And is work wanting you to do it?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Define local? Texas local or New Mexico local? And is work wanting you to do it?
NM local. Based in ABQ. And work isn't asking me to do it but my bosses like us going for more education

PotatoMedic