ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Just another day at the office...

scooter_zps6f7b4133.jpeg

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

You're telling me. Temp hit a high of 15F, but windchill put it down to about 0F. We were so cold when we were done after 8 hours that it took 5 hours for us to warm up enough to feel how sore we were.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Omg.
I just heard an anti-bullying commercial on the radio.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but sometimes words cut straight to the core."

Wtf?!

Man, I'm so sick of the sissification of this nation. Breeding a bunch of self entitled, unprepared brats that can't even defend themselves.

I hope China doesn't invade in 15-20odd years...our then military might rollover and cry.

Did you know kids can't even play dodgeball or hit back if someone attacks them unprovoked in school?!

Man! Weak sauce!

Rant over.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Man, I'm so sick of the sissification of this nation. Breeding a bunch of self entitled, unprepared brats that can't even defend themselves.
You know, what happened to me as a kid has names in the adult world. Hostile workplace, harassment, assault, vehicle tampering (the adult equivalent of flattening bike tires), and probably a few more if I thought about it. On the other hand, any attempt to defend yourself as a kid results in getting punished because "there's no reason to fight back."
Did you know kids can't even play dodgeball or hit back if someone attacks them unprovoked in school?!

However I do agree with this. Not being able to play dodgeball is stupid.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Just matched into an internship year at Arrowhead in So. Cal. So... at least I have a job next year, but I'll have to apply to EM again next year.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just matched into an internship year at Arrowhead in So. Cal. So... at least I have a job next year, but I'll have to apply to EM again next year.

Looks like I may see you when I start clinicals.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader

Congratulations! I imagine this will drastically improve your chances for matching with EM the following year.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Omg.
I just heard an anti-bullying commercial on the radio.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but sometimes words cut straight to the core."

Wtf?!

I hope China doesn't invade in 15-20odd years...our then military might rollover and cry.

Man! Weak sauce!

Rant over.

Because it's not like it was back in the day. its not so much of pussification of a nation. its a matter of If one kid starts picking or bullying another, it becomes 5 kids, then 10 kids. And they are all screwing with one kid so its 10 to 1 kinda situation. that's not cool.

When I was growing up. You scrapped or had beef with someone it was one on one. how it ends is how it ends. It just got worse over the years. I used to get a lot of heat when I was in high school cause I always stuck up for the people who couldn't or wouldn't stand up for themselves. No kid asked to be put in the situation they were in. whether it be that they are less fortunate, too fat too skinny, wear glasses or braces or whatever.

Its kind of funny cause one of the "bully" type kids that I went to high school with our kids go to school together, My son who's freakishly large for his age was the first person to stick up for his kid when they were making fun of him cause he had a "wetting" accident

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Ran a crazy MCI (well for us anyway) traffic accident last night and then skied two feet of fresh with my supervisor today. Talk about different days.

For once the DUI driver was the most injured (femur) and he's getting a felony since in the words of the trooper "we don't let people escape jail if they just hit a carload of little kids." Happily the kids were all fine, if not a bit scared.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well looks like I'm going to Nor Cal for a job interview in a couple weeks.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Right on congrats dude.

We finally got snow!!! She caught me trying to steal my key back from her...I'm in trouble. No love for this guy tonight hah!

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Right on congrats dude.

We finally got snow!!! She caught me trying to steal my key back from her...I'm in trouble. No love for this guy tonight hah!

Well, that depends, is your screwed up arm have your dominant hand? :rofl:

If its your dominant hand. Go get some flowers

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Well, that depends, is your screwed up arm have your dominant hand? :rofl:

If its your dominant hand. Go get some flowers

It's actually my off hand...

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Right on congrats dude.

Better yet, try to get the keys back again when she's asleep tonight.

Jk, we need you to heal up and get back to saving citizens on the street. No doubt it's falling to pieces without you ;)

CFal

Forum Captain
had a skier with a compound tib-fib today, last week had a snowboarder with a femur that his friends had on video

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Well, this oughta be... fun... If not, then a little different. A guy in class somehow got it arranged to have rabbit heads with respiratory tracts still intact for us to intubate. It's supposed to be closed to neonate intubation, but... It seems like it'll be an experience... Haha