the 100% directionless thread

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I equate patient care in the back of that Bell 407 to trying to manage a critical patient in the backseat of 67 Volkswagen bug. It's about that loud and there's about that much room. Short of ventilating the patient and providing additional sedation during the transport, there's really not a lot of room for anything else. The general rule of thumb is, "get it done before you get off the ground".

I've never flown in a 407 but I spent years in a BO105, so I know all about tight. If you did it regularly you'd get used to it. You'd find ways to start lines and do whatever else you need to do. You get used to the noise and stuff, too.

Interestingly, that's one of the stories behind our service wearing flight suits. Many years ago there was talk of having us staff the DSP helo as the medics, so the entire department was fitted with flight suits. That plan fell through, but the somebody liked the look, so they stayed. We still wear Gibson and Barnes nomex flight suits as our daily duty uniform.

Nice. I'd actually prefer EMS pants (or shorts, in the summer) and a polo, but flight suits do look sharp. I have a handful of them in my closet still.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I've never flown in a 407 but I spent years in a BO105, so I know all about tight. If you did it regularly you'd get used to it. You'd find ways to start lines and do whatever else you need to do. You get used to the noise and stuff, too.

I'm kind of a big guy. A little too big for flight. (6'1" and 240). I've never been all that interested in flight, but I can certainly see why it attracts people. And yeah, we don't fly all that often. I think we're woefully undertrained when it comes to anything to do with getting on the aircraft... But that's a whole 'nother discussion.

Nice. I'd actually prefer EMS pants (or shorts, in the summer) and a polo, but flight suits do look sharp. I have a handful of them in my closet still.

Me too. But, the uniforms here are cyclical. The old summer uniform was a polo and EMS pants, we went to flight suits year round a couple of years ago. I'm sure we'll swap into something else in a couple of years. One nice thing, they're very slimming. Almost everyone looks good in a flight suit.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I just passed my advanced registry first try!!!

Strong work. Congrats.

This is for you.
5ejyne3a.jpg

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Boston, because we're just better than you!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Also known as the city with eight titles in the last ten years.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
I'm just excited I got to follow almost the whole game and go home on time. Boston: the city that doesn't dissolve into chaos whether we win or not.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Fans flipped a car over on Boylston St.

Meh, just the one. More cars end up on their roofs in an average weekend. For that matter, Ed Davis only confirmed 7 post-game celebration arrests.

All those people climbing into the Christian Science reflecting pool was pretty horrifying, though.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Birthday party tonight!

I apologize to my liver in advance.