the 100% directionless thread

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I am soooo polite.

I just held a door for someone right now... Literally.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I really want to buy a Littmann 3200 but do not want to spend ~$400. Maybe if I pass my PCCN tomorrow I can justify it.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
How do I stop receiving emails when people post to threads I've posted in?
I have already gone to the user cp and selected "do not email" for notifications.

Please&thank you

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
How do I stop receiving emails when people post to threads I've posted in?
I have already gone to the user cp and selected "do not email" for notifications.

Please&thank you

In your userCP you can disable thread subscriptions.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
One of the 911 ambulance companies went on strike in an area next to me. We sent a couple of units into that county to cover their calls while they are on strike.

This isn't the first time this has happened and it won't be the last. Only thing I'm sad about is that I wasn't on the strike team :(

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
One of the 911 ambulance companies went on strike in an area next to me. We sent a couple of units into that county to cover their calls while they are on strike.

This isn't the first time this has happened and it won't be the last. Only thing I'm sad about is that I wasn't on the strike team :(
Does that make your company a scab company?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

I heard about that. One of the EMT's that works at my company just got hired out there. How many units did you guys send out there?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Does that make your company a scab company?

No clue what that means lol. I know we have sent units to different areas when they are on strike to still cover the cities (with this strike there are at least 3 different ambulance companies covering).

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I heard about that. One of the EMT's that works at my company just got hired out there. How many units did you guys send out there?

I know for sure 1. There maybe more but I don't know. I believe the unit we sent down there is staffed by employees that live in that area.

CALEMT

I know for sure 1. There maybe more but I don't know. I believe the unit we sent down there is staffed by employees that live in that area.

I wonder how that works considering that your ambulance permits are for this county and you guys are going out of county for the coverage

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I wonder how that works considering that your ambulance permits are for this county and you guys are going out of county for the coverage

I believe it's done through a mutual aid agreement/ state response team. We still act under our protocols and policies.

CALEMT

I believe it's done through a mutual aid agreement/ state response team. We still act under our protocols and policies.

Makes sense. From what I've heard it's a good company... hopefully the issue will be resolved in a timely manner

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Makes sense. From what I've heard it's a good company... hopefully the issue will be resolved in a timely manner

I'm reading posts by their employees and its not sounding like too good of a place to work. $8.46 per hour for EMTs. There haven't been raises in 6 years. A/c in their rigs and stations aren't working.

CALEMT

I'm reading posts by their employees and its not sounding like too good of a place to work. $8.46 per hour for EMTs. There haven't been raises in 6 years. A/c in their rigs and stations aren't working.

Hmmm maybe it's because they person I know worked there 7+ years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe they are asking for a $5 raise and better mantience from what I've heard around the rumor mill

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hmmm maybe it's because they person I know worked there 7+ years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe they are asking for a $5 raise and better mantience from what I've heard around the rumor mill

From what I'm reading (on Facebook) they are asking for a $1 an hour raise, better working conditions (better equipment, and fixed equipment) and better benefits that include coverage for families.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
From what I'm reading (on Facebook) they are asking for a $1 an hour raise, better working conditions (better equipment, and fixed equipment) and better benefits that include coverage for families.

Wow didn't think Schaefer(same as gold cross) was that bad. I knew some people there and they did say it really really sucked.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Not just you. Some people need an EMTLife vacation, and possibly a vacation in real life, too.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Not just you. Some people need an EMTLife vacation, and possibly a vacation in real life, too.

Isn't that one of the first chapters in all EMS texts? You know, the ones that get glossed over about self-care lol.

We spend so much time and energy on caring for others that we forget about ourselves. For most of us, it's a bit of a calling, so we allow ourselves to work for companies that take advantage of us because all we want to do is our job.

That's all I'll say as I don't want to get political, but we've got to remember to take care of ourselves and each other. We're just as important as the patients we see everyday.