the 100% directionless thread

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Congrats! Mine is Saturday!

Good luck! Mine was fine, but I was all worried about the IV station and Static Cardiology. Go figure. I'm sure, you of all people, will be just fine. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Found you. There's a picture of my rear hanging out of a vehicle we were extricating someone from today as well. Doubt I'm recognizable from that end though, and I'm cleverly disguised with a fire turnout jacket.

Now you just have to pick out which one is me since there's four of us there... Ill give you a hint, I'm wearing long sleeves and I'm not a very big dude. I also spent the cash on a nice vest instead of the silly ANSI yellow ones.

I was going to climb in but extrication here is fire's show. Unless there's something that needs to be addressed by a medic we don't really enter cars during an extrication.

Lack of issues extrication gloves and no turnout pants is the reasoning I've heard. I do have a Globe extrication jacket that's issued to me though.

Didnt have anymore trauma but gave glucagon for the first time and it actually worked! In like 5 minutes too...blew my mind. Still not as cool as D50 though.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Now you just have to pick out which one is me since there's four of us there... Ill give you a hint, I'm wearing long sleeves and I'm not a very big dude. I also spent the cash on a nice vest instead of the silly ANSI yellow ones.

I was going to climb in but extrication here is fire's show. Unless there's something that needs to be addressed by a medic we don't really enter cars during an extrication.

Lack of issues extrication gloves and no turnout pants is the reasoning I've heard. I do have a Globe extrication jacket that's issued to me though.

Didnt have anymore trauma but gave glucagon for the first time and it actually worked! In like 5 minutes too...blew my mind. Still not as cool as D50 though.

I drop a lot of glucagon, it's far safer and easier on patients whom D50 wakeups would be "challenging" on. Combative, seizing, crappy veins? Glucagon.

I did have a partner question me when I deferred an NPA on a breathing, snoring diabetic in favor of IV + sugar. Tidal volume and rate were fine, snores characteristic of hypoglycemia, collected drool cleared by positioning. Got to explain that NPAs are not magical and need not be used every time there's a hint of a snore. Sugar fixes that, not rubber.

RocketMedic

TJ, how much 911 are y'all running?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
TJ, how much 911 are y'all running?

Probably about sixty percent of call volume now is 911. We are running at least half the 911 calls I'm ValCo. With hope the PRC will grant permanent authority in the county and we will take all of it. And rumor is we might bid for BernCo next year but not the city.

RocketMedic

Probably about sixty percent of call volume now is 911. We are running at least half the 911 calls I'm ValCo. With hope the PRC will grant permanent authority in the county and we will take all of it. And rumor is we might bid for BernCo next year but not the city.

Shot across Superior and AAS's bow?

Went down to EMSA today, you would think that Rural/Metro or someone had won the bid and wanted to repossess limbs or something. Morale seems low.

It does suck that management will lose their jobs, and I am not a fan of that. I do hope AMR brings over our staff with them, because they are good people who have built lives and careers here in Oklahoma. With that being said, Paramedics Plus and AMR are both for-profit and play the same game. AMR gives a lot of positive opportunities to its employees.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
My god. Someone has finally done it...

y8ugedy2.jpg

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Haters gonna hate...

That's all I wanted to say.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Not valid without a signature. :)

Imagine if they misspelled resuscitate.

If I knew they were terminal with an illness I would say I could make a good argument for "compelling reasons."

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Before I say anything .... I just wanna sayyyy....

If I bust your balls please do not be offended. I'm just toughening you up for reality and/or messing with you.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Before I say anything .... I just wanna sayyyy....

If I bust your balls please do not be offended. I'm just toughening you up for reality and/or messing with you.

And before I have to get involved, let me say this -

Our First Rule is "Be Polite", and we take it very seriously.

If you want to "toughen" people up or mess with them, an anonymous internet forum is not the best place to do it...and this forum is the worst place to do it.