the 100% directionless thread

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I hate our union. Total garbage.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
New Mexico has its quirks, like Intermediates with narcs.
We can take those patients in Oklahoma at EMSA too.
Made me happy when I was a lead intermediate on a rural 91q1 truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Derr sorry I'm kinda slow today.

No he was trached and awake, we can't take propofol drips here, our ground CCPs can't either...has to be a flight crew :wacko:

I find it amusing that there is at least one thing we can do hear that you can't lol

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
From inside the Southwest plane that crashed at LaGuardia.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMhQoltYAVA[/youtube]

Funniest quotes...
"This has been the :censored: trip from hell."
"We're not at the gate..."

JPINFV

Gadfly
From inside the Southwest plane that crashed at LaGuardia.

Funniest quotes...
"This has been the :censored: trip from hell."
"We're not at the gate..."

I guess they were right electronics futzing with the airplane. :cool:

Didactic finished in December. Still waiting for an internship placement......

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Didactic finished in December. Still waiting for an internship placement......

That's awful. How do you go about finding somewhere willing to take you? Unless you know someone, I can't imagine cold calls are wildly successful.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Well good morning! Here are two partners with a combined experience of 4 weeks for you to work with...oh and lets start your day with a vented LDT :wacko:

I had that one night 2 months ago. Partner was on her first night after getting cleared. 3rd rider was on her last night of clearing rides. Both EMTBs and a total of 9 shifts experience. It was a long night lol. That 3rd rider is now my partner and dang good for being so new.

I shall refrain from complaining about my new paramedic hire riding 3rd tonight. Trying to stay positive.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Lol really? I guess I'm always amazed at what I can do as a ground medic in this state on transfers. I know a lot of what we can and do run with in other states would have to have a CCRN or a flight team would have to do it.

Dude it's asinine... I can initiate amio, dope and pitocin drips but I cannot take them on transfers. :wacko:

I usually do my metoprolol as a drip. 5 in 100cc/5 minutes and clinical has no issue with it, no lopressor transfer drips though.

I can take antibiotics though! :rolleyes:

I was pretty frustrated yesterday. Had a super sick ACS transfer, had a boatload of SL NTG, paste, MS as well as the aspirin and heparin. Hypertensive, still complaining of pretty severe chest pressure...all I wanted to do was start a NTG drip for this poor guy but then I'd have to call for a CCP and there was none available. :-/

Got a total of 15 of morphine (5 from the ERand 10 from me) over the course of about 35 minutes and it didn't do jack.

We do have relatively free protocols but there are definitely some things that would be nice to have. "We don't need RSI we're urban." Tell that to the COPDer I road code with for 45 minutes who was 60% on CPAP with continuous inline nebs and a respiratory rate of ~ 30. :rolleyes:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Do tell, you sound mad.
Union told me that if I work 911 during a strike, they'll do what they can to make sure I never work there. Same company treated as two, has the same union, one with a good contract, the other (the one I work for) no contract and ignored by the union other than to harm us. I am so tired of them.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
Top two wisdom teeth removed....and I'm doing super well. No pain at all with only OTC meds. Looks like work tomorrow won't be too terrible after all...although eating on duty just got complicated. :ph34r:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well the fall semester at the local community college is coming up and I wanted to sign up for a couple classes, but looking class schedules I realized just how hard my new current M-W, F work schedule plays with college schedule :-/ didn't even think about that when I bid on it d'oh. Looks like I'm gonna have to go online to take some classes

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Well the fall semester at the local community college is coming up and I wanted to sign up for a couple classes, but looking class schedules I realized just how hard my new current M-W, F work schedule plays with college schedule :-/ didn't even think about that when I bid on it d'oh. Looks like I'm gonna have to go online to take some classes

Register soon because class fill fast here in California. I get weekly census reports, and for my college we're above 71% filled so far.

Also, my only beef with online courses is that I always find myself doing more work than I would do in a traditional face-to-face class. I'm one of those a-holes that is a primarily auditory learner, so I get a lot out of lecture.

If you can't find classes, and you're a self-starter, you can always pick up some study guides and start CLEPing courses.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I got bored at work today. On a transfer truck for overtime.
ede7e7us.jpg

Redid the 550 cord lacing on my scope.