the 100% directionless thread

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Got a $100 gift card from work the other day, as well as an all day catered food fest...and people were complaining because the gift card is American Express.

People...sigh.

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Had a person call into our center, demanding we call the news and inform them of an accident... It's times like that I wish I had an unrecorded line...

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Interview two done. It was fairly intense. It consisted of an hour long panel interview, lift test, megapode, and protocol exam. I think it went well though, and this is definitely my top choice if I get to move to South Carolina. Overall it took about 3 and a half hours.

Now it's time to fly back home for a 24 tomorrow morning. Yippee

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Stupid overseas call centers!!!!!

Never wouldve thought a simple request to switch one item will have taken this much time and repeating what Ive said.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Well good morning! Here are two partners with a combined experience of 4 weeks for you to work with...oh and lets start your day with a vented LDT :wacko:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Well good morning! Here are two partners with a combined experience of 4 weeks for you to work with...oh and lets start your day with a vented LDT :wacko:

BTDT, did they at least give you jackson juice?

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief

Think of it as an opportunity to mold the newbies into great providers (so they can make them someone else's partner and give you more newbies.) ;)

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant

Ya it would suck to have newbies on critical calls , but you got to think we were all there at one time!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Ya it would suck to have newbies on critical calls , but you got to think we were all there at one time!

It doesn't suck at all, I'd rather they learn during their training than on their own.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Its 95 outside and raining... supposed to be 105 and humid tomorrow for my 48 hour shift. Got to love the desert

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Finally back from AT.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
You know your company has its priorities in order when the boss is happy to report that patient refusals have been reduced. As if talking people into going to the hospital by ambulance when they have no medical complaint is good for our credibility or something.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Derr sorry I'm kinda slow today.

No he was trached and awake, we can't take propofol drips here, our ground CCPs can't either...has to be a flight crew :wacko:

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
It doesn't suck at all, I'd rather they learn during their training than on their own.

I love new people too, but it does suck when they're standing there dumbfounded and pulling at your pants for a pair of shears that aren't there because that's the only thing he can think to do. I actually had to apply physical stimulus to him to break through his transcendental moment.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

While I agree, two brand new employees is a little over the top. I love teaching but I can't run the call, control the scene and teach both of them separate things at the same time. I mean I am God's right hand and all but that's asking a bit much ;)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Derr sorry I'm kinda slow today.

No he was trached and awake, we can't take propofol drips here, our ground CCPs can't either...has to be a flight crew :wacko:

Lol really? I guess I'm always amazed at what I can do as a ground medic in this state on transfers. I know a lot of what we can and do run with in other states would have to have a CCRN or a flight team would have to do it.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
New Mexico has its quirks, like Intermediates with narcs.
We can take those patients in Oklahoma at EMSA too.