the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
That is the "hot food curse". Never fails. Especially if you're having a slow morning and you decide to go out for lunch with your partner. You'll place your order, get your drinks and the waitress is bringing your food out ... You can see salvation in the form of a bacon cheeseburger approaching your table. BAM! The tones go off

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
That is the "hot food curse". Never fails. Especially if you're having a slow morning and you decide to go out for lunch with your partner. You'll place your order, get your drinks and the waitress is bringing your food out ... You can see salvation in the form of a bacon cheeseburger approaching your table. BAM! The tones go off

Stahp, scary stories =[

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

We managed to buy our food, sit down and eat it in the restaurant while posted as the central unit today if you can believe that.

Our new hire brought some white fluffy things with him I think.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
90 hours into second clinicals and I got a legit run.

15 y/o slipped and her foot went under the lawn mower. Degloved her 2nd toe.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
90 hours into second clinicals and I got a legit run.

15 y/o slipped and her foot went under the lawn mower. Degloved her 2nd toe.

Only the toe?

She's a lucky little tyke.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Last edited by a moderator:

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Just had an EMT, that has been to medic school in its entirety but failed finals, asked me how NTG could possibly be titrated...and he was serious. This is the same guy that wanted to argue that there was no point in knowing that an adult epi-autoinjector serves up 0.3mg and a pedi one, 0.15mg, because no one would stop and bother to check it in real life...I think I know why he failed medic school.

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Really contemplating trying to go back to seasonal work and just working as a medic PRN. I'd like to go FT ALS ski patrol in the winter then either back to open water guarding or potentially wildland fire... I'm thinking if I went that route I'd have to busy my *** to get on a hotshot crew though, pretty sure I'd get bored on a wildland engine.

Hmmmm.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Really contemplating trying to go back to seasonal work and just working as a medic PRN. I'd like to go FT ALS ski patrol in the winter then either back to open water guarding or potentially wildland fire... I'm thinking if I went that route I'd have to busy my *** to get on a hotshot crew though, pretty sure I'd get bored on a wildland engine.

Hmmmm.

I would get bored on any type of job that only does wildland. You can only cut so much line and fall soo many trees before you lose your mind.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I would get bored on any type of job that only does wildland. You can only cut so much line and fall soo many trees before you lose your mind.

Unfortunately unless you have a way for me to get my fire 1 in two months I'm stuck.

I don't understand requiring a cert then sending everyone back through that academy anyways but oh well.

At least wildland guys actually get to see helitack or smoke jumping would be cool for a while too until I get old and have to ride a desk.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Only the toe?

She's a lucky little tyke.

She's losing the toe. I still call that lucky.

I assume full spinal precautions were taken? :rofl:

thankfully no

And high flow o2

yes, I didn't do that. The medic did. I wouldnt have put her on any.

Full trauma alert, 16G IVs wide open x2. And an io just in case.

Oh also, what's her bgl?
I was nice this time. 18 with TKO Ringers. Nice smooth code 1 ride to the hospital.

I also sharped the cath before the medic could check it, but yes we normally do check a bgl off the caths on every patient :banghead:

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant

Hmmmm.

Wildland firefighting can be really fun especially when you got a good cooking fire! So are you trying to advance your career into fire or just trying something new. Ski patrol would be fun ( if I knew how to ski) I hear you see a lot of orthopedic injuries so that would be interesting!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ugh this shift cannot go buy any slower. And the downside? It's been busy as hell. I'm just mentally exhausted. 50 hours down. Ten to go

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Wildland firefighting can be really fun especially when you got a good cooking fire! So are you trying to advance your career into fire or just trying something new. Ski patrol would be fun ( if I knew how to ski) I hear you see a lot of orthopedic injuries so that would be interesting!

Something new. Never was really all that interested in structure firefighting but I'd take a job as a firemedic if I got an offer. I've always loved the outdoors and loved working in them. Getting paid to camp, hike and break some :censored::censored::censored::censored: sounds like fun.

Patrol wouldn't be new, the ALS part would be but I worked a pro patroller before I started working in EMS.

I think what I'm honestly looking for is a way out but I can't find one. The potential opportunity for a TEMS spot in a year or two doesn't help my cause either though. Also leaving full time EMS wouldn't help my quest to be a flight medic either.

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
Something new. Never was really all that interested in structure firefighting but I'd take a job as a firemedic if I got an offer. I've always loved the outdoors and loved working in them. Getting paid to camp, hike and break some :censored::censored::censored::censored: sounds like fun.

Patrol wouldn't be new, the ALS part would be but I worked a pro patroller before I started working in EMS.

I think what I'm honestly looking for is a way out but I can't find one. The potential opportunity for a TEMS spot in a year or two doesn't help my cause either though. Also leaving full time EMS wouldn't help my quest to be a flight medic either.

A way out of where you work. That's why a lot of medics go to fire or something else because there is usually not much room to advance just working on a ambulance no matter how much you love your job, you just want to be able to try different things and advance your training, Which makes since.