the 100% directionless thread

I need a vacation from work and this spot looks amazing! Where'd you go Robb?

We were at Lake Cottonwood the first night then Lake Patterson right below Warren Peak the second night. It's in the South Warner Wilderness in Northern California. I've done a ton of backpacking in Desolation Wilderness so we decided to switch it up and go somewhere new. Definitely beautiful country, not as much wildlife as I thought there would be but we only ran into a handful of people which is nice compared to a lot of the weekend spots in Desolation.

Us being the troopers (or maybe alcoholics...) that we are packed in a rack of beer and, if you can believe it, someone stole it the first night!!!

Luckily we had a bottle of vodka... You know just in case something happened to the beer... :D

Thanks for the invite, Rob... :glare:

:P

Last edited by a moderator:

Your wife wouldn't have let you go :D

Assuming of course you have one, haven't been here in a few months so I could be confusing you with somebody else.

Blimy!!! We have us a wild Clare spotting!!!!

*imagine Steve Irwin's voice*

Your wife wouldn't have let you go :D

Assuming of course you have one, haven't been here in a few months so I could be confusing you with somebody else.

Haha no, you're spot on ;) But she would've begged to go too :P Haha

Haha no, you're spot on ;) But she would've begged to go too :P Haha

By your own admission you are old (25) and married, so, hmm, I am going to forever picture you as one of those crabby old men who stopped getting sex and grew tired of their wife several decades ago but cannot bail so are just miserable.

So by default I am going to extrapolate that to meaning you greatly wish to be smothered with a pillow each morning or just not wake up cos your old people diseases finally take care of you and hopefully that will deter all those here who are thinking of getting married.

Blimy!!! We have us a wild Clare spotting!!!!

*imagine Steve Irwin's voice*

I never did like Steve Irwin, he was far too "over the top" and I know he most likely just acting but it wasn't my think ... I mean its unfortunate he died and all.

And um, excuse me sir, you mean "rare" not "wild"! :)

By your own admission you are old (25) and married, so, hmm, I am going to forever picture you as one of those crabby old men who stopped getting sex and grew tired of their wife several decades ago but cannot bail so are just miserable.

You must be psychic :lol: Or, dare I say... Clare-voyant :unsure: Hahaha

Edit: I seem to remember you being the same age as I... Taking into account some of your past posts, and similar age, my new mental image of your appearance is:
qesuzuqu.jpg

You must be psychic :lol: Or, dare I say... Clare-voyant :unsure: Hahaha

Edit: I seem to remember you being the same age as I... Taking into account some of your past posts, and similar age, my new mental image of your appearance is:
qesuzuqu.jpg

So you are calling me old and bitter now? Why I should hit you with my walker! What exactly are you basing this off?

I am curious since you are in fact quite young, how long have you are Mrs Poetic been married? And I am guessing its not more than maybe a year or two so how long have you known her?

So you are calling me crabby now?

I am curious since you are in fact quite young, how long have you are Mrs Poetic been married? And I am guessing its not more than maybe a year or two so how long have you known her?

So are you judging me now? I don't recall calling you crabby, but if the shoe fits ;)

To answer your question, I've known her for four years, married for one. Is that okay?

So are you judging me now? I don't recall calling you crabby, but if the shoe fits ;)

To answer your question, I've known her for four years, married for one. Is that okay?

I think its wonderful you found somebody at such a young age, how cute :)

And sure, I am a crazy old lady, all I need now are some cats! :D

:P

It's with all the invites for those adventures you been on down there :P

If you ever make it up this way ill show you and your wife some beautiful country, provided you're ready to do some hiking. Well that's not true you don't have to hike to see the sights around here but when you do they get even better.

We were at Lake Cottonwood the first night then Lake Patterson right below Warren Peak the second night. It's in the South Warner Wilderness in Northern California. I've done a ton of backpacking in Desolation Wilderness so we decided to switch it up and go somewhere new. Definitely beautiful country, not as much wildlife as I thought there would be but we only ran into a handful of people which is nice compared to a lot of the weekend spots in Desolation.

Us being the troopers (or maybe alcoholics...) that we are packed in a rack of beer and, if you can believe it, someone stole it the first night!!!

Luckily we had a bottle of vodka... You know just in case something happened to the beer... :D

You should go up to silver lake, from there you can go up a trail and hike to a ton of different lakes it eventually ties in with the pacific crest trail, theres also a place you go off the trail and hike down to a lake called lost lake where the fishing is great because not a lot of people go down there because of the hike but it's worth it. If you stay on the PCT it goes to 3 lakes,where if you start from there the hike is easier. This is in plumas county, you will see some of the most beautiful area you have ever seen. When ever anyone has a vacation just look it up on a map and you can plan your trip from that.

What kind of courses are there to take?
How long did it take you to finish?
What are your eventual career goals?

If reference to the Master's at Nova or the bachelors at AMU?

Wheel said:
What kind of courses are there to take?
The best answer for this is to follow the following links. All the required and elective courses can be found there.

Bachelors EDMG

Masters MHSc

Wheel said:
How long did it take you to finish?

It's taken be right about 2 years to finish the bachelors because I took a semester pauses to finish medic school because my time got sucked up by clinicals and field time and I didn't want to kill myself. I went to a community college prior to this so I only really had my upper division to finish off with the exception of the couple institutional general ed classes like literature. AMU was good with transferred credits and went out of their way to get it all done. They even offer credit for NREMT EMT and Paramedic certification...I think off up to 20 lower division elective units for the cert. I had 40 more units that I could transfer so I didn't get to use mine, but it's there.

Wheel said:
What are your eventual career goals?

Well, I have a couple of things that I would be happy doing. local/state emergency management ( I like mitigation and preparedness phases ), but my long-term love is teaching, something that I've done for the past 10 years. As part of my courses, I took a minor/undergrad cert in instructional design and delivery to augment my degree because of it.

It may not sound be obvious, but I think each plays well with each other and stand to be complimentary because proper implementation of EMS/public response requires those resources be coordinated and educated in the mitigation and preparedness phases of the disaster cycle. I could go on here.

I chose the masters that I did because it further reinforces my teaching ability, while also allowing me to branch out and research (for implementation) the community paramedic concept and its feasibility/relevance to my area.

In my messed up mind, all of this is complimentary, and stands to work together no matter what direction I am able to work towards as opportunities present themselves.

You should go up to silver lake, from there you can go up a trail and hike to a ton of different lakes it eventually ties in with the pacific crest trail, theres also a place you go off the trail and hike down to a lake called lost lake where the fishing is great because not a lot of people go down there because of the hike but it's worth it. If you stay on the PCT it goes to 3 lakes,where if you start from there the hike is easier. This is in plumas county, you will see some of the most beautiful area you have ever seen. When ever anyone has a vacation just look it up on a map and you can plan your trip from that.

That's good to know thank you!

We entered from the Pepperdine side, seems like everyone else we ran into came up from the other side.

Everyone ranted about the fishing in Patterson but I wasn't super impressed. Real small little buggers although I think if we had float tubes to get out to the middle we would have had better luck with some bigger ones.

Well my four day is off to a great start, found out I am being removed from our 911 division and transferred an hour away to an unfamiliar city.

No reason given besides "it fits the needs of the company." and "we've hired someone with more experience than you."

So much sense.

Well my four day is off to a great start, found out I am being removed from our 911 division and transferred an hour away to an unfamiliar city.

No reason given besides "it fits the needs of the company." and "we've hired someone with more experience than you."

So much sense.

Recipe for disgruntledness. That sucks man.

So much sense.

Well that sucks!

The best answer for this is to follow the following links. All the required and elective courses can be found there.

Bachelors EDMG

Masters MHSc

It's taken be right about 2 years to finish the bachelors because I took a semester pauses to finish medic school because my time got sucked up by clinicals and field time and I didn't want to kill myself. I went to a community college prior to this so I only really had my upper division to finish off with the exception of the couple institutional general ed classes like literature. AMU was good with transferred credits and went out of their way to get it all done. They even offer credit for NREMT EMT and Paramedic certification...I think off up to 20 lower division elective units for the cert. I had 40 more units that I could transfer so I didn't get to use mine, but it's there.

Well, I have a couple of things that I would be happy doing. local/state emergency management ( I like mitigation and preparedness phases ), but my long-term love is teaching, something that I've done for the past 10 years. As part of my courses, I took a minor/undergrad cert in instructional design and delivery to augment my degree because of it.

It may not sound be obvious, but I think each plays well with each other and stand to be complimentary because proper implementation of EMS/public response requires those resources be coordinated and educated in the mitigation and preparedness phases of the disaster cycle. I could go on here.

I chose the masters that I did because it further reinforces my teaching ability, while also allowing me to branch out and research (for implementation) the community paramedic concept and its feasibility/relevance to my area.

In my messed up mind, all of this is complimentary, and stands to work together no matter what direction I am able to work towards as opportunities present themselves.

Thanks. I'm now looking at this as a possible bachelors degree for me. I have a lot of pre reqs too, so it shouldn't take too long for me to finish it. If my current plan doesn't work out it may be perfect, and we have similar goals. My favorite days of work are when we have students.

I did read that AMU is a for profit university. Did you think it challenged you? Did it teach you what you need to know to work in EM? Did you get any extra certifications along with it?

I'm just wondering of this school will help me meet my goals. If so, it looks great, but if it won't help me round myself out and help me get a job I may look elsewhere. Thanks for taking the time to reply. This may be a great topic for a thread of its own in the future though.

Back