the 100% directionless thread

Yea. News reports right now is 2 dead, 61 injured. However right after I turned the feed on command was looking for 75 ED beds. So... yea... I'm also going to bet that she's going to be the person who complains that the crash victims get to go before her, despite getting to the hospital first.

If I ride in an ambulance I am seen right away in the ER right?

What do you mean that's not true?!

Ooh no, I'm the devil on Facebook now because I suggested not transporting patients who are asystole or PEA <10 after 2 rounds of meds, no shocks, and checking all Hs and Ts. I guess the hospital has magical powers and can bring people back to life using amazing techniques that we don't have in the field.

I do love the people on FB saying "we work them until we get ROSC and we don't transport full arrests". Not every patient is going to get ROSC. There comes a point where you need to call them on scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't restock your gear, then leave me a bag that's missing stuff ... I'm gonna say something.

And here's a tip. You have absolutely no right to get pissy when I call you out on it.

The amount of laziness simply astounds me at times.

/rant over.

Would be awesome if Murray could finish Djokovic in straight sets right now.

If you don't restock your gear, then leave me a bag that's missing stuff ... I'm gonna say something.

And here's a tip. You have absolutely no right to get pissy when I call you out on it.

The amount of laziness simply astounds me at times.

/rant over.

Amen ..... and it seems it's the new guys that are the laziest.

Amen ..... and it seems it's the new guys that are the laziest.

I work on the supervisor's truck at one place about once a week. Every time I get on it usually takes an hour to get the truck checked. It's a mess, often dirty, and usually not stocked to par.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work on the supervisor's truck at one place about once a week. Every time I get on it usually takes an hour to get the truck checked. It's a mess, often dirty, and usual not stocked to par.

That absolutely used to be the case for the supervisors at my old system. Our field supervisor that worked out of a regular ambulance with a partner usually had his gear pretty well put together, but our higher level (mostly administrative) supervisors had some god awful hodge podge of gear stuffed into assorted bags. It was always an experience when someone had to use that gear on rare occasions.

While transporting a syncope today, I told the nurse on the med radio that there was no change in his orthotic blood pressures. Then I started laughing uncontrollably. I crack myself up.

There comes a point where you need to call them on scene.
If I recall correctly from my EMT class, in California, even if the pt is missing their head, EMTs/medics are not allowed to call a pt DOA. Only a doctor can do that. But I've never been on a scene like that, so I can't say for certain.

If I recall correctly from my EMT class, in California, even if the pt is missing their head, EMTs/medics are not allowed to call a pt DOA. Only a doctor can do that. But I've never been on a scene like that, so I can't say for certain.

How do you plan on doing CPR on someone with no head? If you can't work them, then they are dead.

While transporting a syncope today, I told the nurse on the med radio that there was no change in his orthotic blood pressures. Then I started laughing uncontrollably. I crack myself up.

I got it.

I guess the orthotic pressure would indeed be very stable.

That absolutely used to be the case for the supervisors at my old system. Our field supervisor that worked out of a regular ambulance with a partner usually had his gear pretty well put together, but our higher level (mostly administrative) supervisors had some god awful hodge podge of gear stuffed into assorted bags. It was always an experience when someone had to use that gear on rare occasions.

I pulled some rusted together trauma shears out of the med bag the other day. Granted the truck and its gear were backups but it had been in service over a week.

Our issue is that we have three guys at the station. The regular crew has their own ambulance and then the captain has his own truck but is alone until 1800. He uses an ambulance to do ALS first response or has a firefighter drive until a part timer comes in and becomes his partner, then we alternate calls with the other crew. But since he rarely runs calls, the truck barely gets checked and none of the other part timers do a truck check when they come in at night for whatever reason. Not the best system.

Picked up a naked guy. Highlight of the shift

I had a naked guy who got hit by a car yesterday. High as a kite, stark naked, and schwacked by an off duty state trooper. Dude then decided to fight the cops, and got his butt tazed. Unfortunately for him, that tazing location was literal. Also, this whole thing went down at 0730. Entirely too much fun.

Had an epic day on the boat today. Pretty sure I fell in love as well. Blonde hair, blue eyes, smokin' body, American flag bikini, chews Copenhagen pouches on occasion and is a Ford girl...

Is it weird I find a girl that will suck on some Copenhagen sexy?

Wait what?

I pronounce people deceased on a weekly basis without ever talking to a doctor. Me, myself and I.

If we work the arrest I have to call a doc to pronounce but if there's obvious signs I don't need a physician to tell me that they're dead.

That's a negative. Most (if not all counties) have an "obvious death" protocol that will allow for EMTs to call a DOA in the field without calling the hospital.

http://www.remsa.us/policy/

Policy #4203

Back