the 100% directionless thread

Nope. She went to a new smart phone with $45/month unlimited calls/text/data. Even paying the early termination fee, she's going to save almost $800 this year.

I really should look into that.

Even after our corporate partner discount With ATT we pay nearly $175/month for 2 iPhones/data and an iPad mini w/4G. Only plus with our discount is personal accounts are flagged as business so the customer service when needed is awesome.

phone bills are out of control.

with Verizon's new party package or whatever, all my immediate family goes in together with a 22% employee discount from work. It helps to divide the bill up this way.

alas, the days of unlimited data.

wait, you get unlimited data on a smartphone for 45?!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. The straight talk plan is 45 bucks. I've heard stories that they throttle data for "heavy users" (see 2+ GB/month) but my wife sends texts and plays on FB. She's certainly not a bandwidth hog.

Even streaming radio I seldom use over a GB per month. I use wifi a lot and watch Netflix on my Kindle. It makes sense for us to switch.

Feeling the itch to go back to school. I have a lot of tough decisions to make

My wife's cell phone died yesterday. She's been a VZW customer for 14 years, starting with the big phone mounted in the truck, air cards when they cost $200 a month and huge monthly bills when she was a mobile vet. After thousand of dollars and well over a decade of loyalty, they were of no help at all in fixing her issues. If they offered her a free replacement phone she would have stayed, just to avoid the hassle of switching carriers. But no. She left and went to a 45/month straight talk plan. Worst part was the CS agent saying, " don't blame you for leaving".

Somebody seriously needs to reevaluate the customer service strategy at VZW. When all phone service is basically the same, customer service and brand locality are two things you need to nurture.

Funny, my family has been with AT&T just as long as wireless customers, my phone stopped charging last night and I noticed that my battery moisture indicator was red, but the phones itself wasn't. I got on to the support chat to see if this voided the whole warranty. I explained what was going on to the support person and she said it sounds like a battery issue and that she would ship me a new battery free of charge. I didn't even ask for it, I was just curious about the warranty status!

I always get an insurance plan on my phones. If I lose it or drop it in water or break it somehow I get a new phone for next to nothing.

I always get an insurance plan on my phones. If I lose it or drop it in water or break it somehow I get a new phone for next to nothing.

I forgot to add insurance to mine :(

they sure do! :ph34r:

Interesting. They deny it every which way...but there are still reports of it happening. I just abhor paying 120 bucks a month for my iPhone. I'm going to switch to a monthly plan as soon as my contract ends.

Get the Foxfi app, turns most droids into free wifi hotspots for tablets by treating the tablets data tether like regular phone data.

When you get venous blood on your stat ABG....
image.png

I feel like such a jabroni walking around with a radio, Nextel, pager, and iPhone on my belt. Accidental whacked city.

I feel like such a jabroni walking around with a radio, Nextel, pager, and iPhone on my belt. Accidental whacked city.

If your on duty it makes it a little better.

If your off duty, I have no hope for you haha

Jabroni!!! I haven't heard this in years..
Bring this word back to life, please!

Just make sure to distribute the weight of all your wacker gear evenly on your belt, lest the chiropractor becomes your best friend.

$45/month for unlimited text/talk/data?
Who? Who? Who?

My contract is up with Verizon...hopefully for good.

Practicing my knots in preparation for high-angle rescue training/certification over the next 2 weekends.

Have I mentioned that I suck with knots?

If your on duty it makes it a little better.

If your off duty, I have no hope for you haha

Ain't nothing goes on my belt off duty. And yes I am going to ring back jabroni one EMT at a time.

Currently watching our volunteer FFs doing driver training, the poor cones! My partner is a vollie and did alright but things are not going well. Guess that's why the full timers drive I guess.

Practicing my knots in preparation for high-angle rescue training/certification over the next 2 weekends.

Have I mentioned that I suck with knots?

saying we have in the dive industry(tying a knot in a rope that is floating, zero viz, with gloves, and usually at least 1 moving thing):

if you cant tie a knot, tie a lot.

repetition is the key to success. also youtube has some good tricks/tips.

Back