the 100% directionless thread

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
What's the point of accruing PTO if you aren't allowed to :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing use it?

Fire apps are opening again soon. Time to hit the gym.

RFD or SFD?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Who the heck slashed my tires and scratched "Anjel" into my car while I was at the movie theaters?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trashtruck

Forum Captain
What's the point of accruing PTO if you aren't allowed to :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing use it?

Fire apps are opening again soon. Time to hit the gym.

You're starting to see the light.
As much as people bash fire, the pay and benefits speak for themselves. If you can get on a Dept., do it.

PTO? You'll laugh that you used to get PTO. Crazy amounts of vacation and sick time if you go fire.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Staffing issues.

Supposedly we're fully staffed now and the max allotted employees off was already reached that day. Just seems like every time I request it it gets denied.

Haven't had a legit vacation in a couple years.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Two thoughts this morning...

1) This purchase of a Google Chromebook was a good purchase. It has paid off nicely in the past week.

2) Dear person who is sitting next to me at the mechanic, please turn off the sound on your phone. No one wants to hear every tap of your phone, every ding for every email, and if you have to take a call, please take it outside. Signed, this grumpy chimp

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
6 shifts off starting now :D Too bad all three weeks will be dedicated to studying :sad:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
It's gonna be an interesting day of OT.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My wife's cell phone died yesterday. She's been a VZW customer for 14 years, starting with the big phone mounted in the truck, air cards when they cost $200 a month and huge monthly bills when she was a mobile vet. After thousand of dollars and well over a decade of loyalty, they were of no help at all in fixing her issues. If they offered her a free replacement phone she would have stayed, just to avoid the hassle of switching carriers. But no. She left and went to a 45/month straight talk plan. Worst part was the CS agent saying, " don't blame you for leaving".

Somebody seriously needs to reevaluate the customer service strategy at VZW. When all phone service is basically the same, customer service and brand locality are two things you need to nurture.

Arovetli

Forum Captain
Wait, no data package? What??!!

My favorite is walking so the employee with the iPad can play concierge and "check me in" and then stand around doing nothing while the service staff is tied up for an hour helping granpappy mcgoo decided which color case to get for his newfangled cellular contraption.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Nope. She went to a new smart phone with $45/month unlimited calls/text/data. Even paying the early termination fee, she's going to save almost $800 this year.