the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
New partner! Yey! Brand new EMT, she is compassionate, drives safely and likes to help- score!

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I'm doing my HEMS rotations today with the private service and state trooper helicopter. Crazy to see the differences. The poor trooper medic I'm with now has only seen two patients in her entire career as a paramedic since getting out of school.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
BLS was doing CPR when we got on scene. That lasted long enough for me to call them both. High speed, no seatbelts. Trees always win.

RocketMedic

I want a Ford Escape....like a 2005-2011 model. Wife wants to trade her 2008 VW Rabbit for one to feel safer on the road with crazy Okies. Any thoughts?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So my shift started ~25 min ago and my partner is nowhere to be seen. Dispatch said to stand by, so I'm just chillin in the rig at the station parking lot, A/C and the local country station cranked up :D

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I want a Ford Escape....like a 2005-2011 model. Wife wants to trade her 2008 VW Rabbit for one to feel safer on the road with crazy Okies. Any thoughts?

Check out the IIHS safety ratings. Escape did worse than the Rabbit. If youre going for a small SUV and safe look at a newer Rav4.

I really should be in the car business.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Attended my first call in at least two weeks. I don't mind working nights since we are fairly slow and I sleep through the night half the time but man I get no volume. Most of our night calls have been ALS as well for whatever reason (lots of ALS IFT).

Had to pull over after I told the patient he wouldn't be accepted to the local hospital and started threatening me. Partner pulled over, got out and within second we had an engine company and SO behind us. Partner gave the patient an earful and the rest of the ride was yes sir no sir. Ah it's nice to have a partner that is nice.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well then. A psych patient just dumped a styrofoam cup of water on me. Why do I find that strangely amusing?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
So, 3 days after graduation and I've non stop been :censored:'d out by the parents all day for not working yet. As much as I hate phlebotomy and didn't want to work in it (even though I have 40 successful sticks, I still get extremely nervous/ shaky), looks like I may be looking at phlebotomy positions, instead of ED techs... I've seen 1 ED tech position pop up during the past week, versus probably 50+ phlebotomy positions.
Anyone got some tips on how to calm during sticks? -_-
Could work as a lab assistant, too, but I'd prefer not to have to do UA's all day, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Idiot BJ player: Double 12 against a 10.
Dealer: Doubling hard 12... ... against a 10.
Pit box: Sure, we'll take his money.

Later:
Player: Double down on 18.
Rest of table in unison: NOOOOOOOO.
Player: Oh... ok... I'll stand.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Started this morning with a nine patient school bus vs pickup truck fatal. Upon getting back in district, get sent to an arrest. Got ROSC, transported downtown. Firefighter driver stuck himself with the d stick and needed lab work so we waited. Just finished stocking ambulance...I'm two reports down and got off at 8am.

We don't run a lot but when we do its good and we get crushed.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I think we're all gettin' our first runs of the "summer time trauma badness".

Usually we are slow during the summer with not too many traumas due to the extreme heat we always have during the summer. No one wants to go outside.

RocketMedic

Really amazed by the generosity of Oklahomans.