the 100% directionless thread

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Will that let you do different CCT IFTs or will you still have the same scope you have now? I suppose a better question may be does Nevada have separate protocols for CCEMTP vs. medic?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Time to finally relax.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
How do we manage to only get one call out of a hugely busy beach community on Memorial Day? Craziness. My white cloud simply refuses to be stopped.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Will that let you do different CCT IFTs or will you still have the same scope you have now? I suppose a better question may be does Nevada have separate protocols for CCEMTP vs. medic?

It would widen my scope a bit for transfers. Specifically allow me to take nitro, heparin, amiodarone, dopamine and TPN drips on "In Town Transfers" (can't call them CCTs since there's only one provider in the back). Wouldn't change my 911 scope.

We can start dope and amio in the field but can't take them on transfers :wacko:

Well, if they're on gravity we can but we cannot take them off a pump and run them on gravity for the transfer. After the I finish up class I'll check out a pump with my monitor and all my other gear in the morning.

Something like a 50$ per transfer bonus or something like that but that's all, no shift differential so it's definitely not something I'm doing for the money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Ended up getting off seven hours late...

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Speaking of the killing season- had a 6 yo drown in the lake today, at the same time there was a golf cart wreck with 7 injured and 2 flown out.

Hopefully summer will chill out from here.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
It would widen my scope a bit for transfers. Specifically allow me to take nitro, heparin, amiodarone, dopamine and TPN drips on "In Town Transfers" (can't call them CCTs since there's only one provider in the back). Wouldn't change my 911 scope.

We can start dope and amio in the field but can't take them on transfers :wacko:

Well, if they're on gravity we can but we cannot take them off a pump and run them on gravity for the transfer. After the I finish up class I'll check out a pump with my monitor and all my other gear in the morning.

Something like a 50$ per transfer bonus or something like that but that's all, no shift differential so it's definitely not something I'm doing for the money.

We get a $45 per CCT call stipend that's paid quarterly. It's always a nice chunk of money 4 times a year.

It adds up fast depending on how busy you are with them.

I can run anything on a pump along with taking pts on the vent.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Speaking of the killing season- had a 6 yo drown in the lake today, at the same time there was a golf cart wreck with 7 injured and 2 flown out.

Hopefully summer will chill out from here.

Some golf cart wreck! In all seriousness though, sounds like a rough day. Hopefully your summer started with a bang and simmers down from there.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
We get a $45 per CCT call stipend that's paid quarterly. It's always a nice chunk of money 4 times a year.

It adds up fast depending on how busy you are with them.

I can run anything on a pump along with taking pts on the vent.

I kind of like that concept. They're usually reimbursed at a higher rate, so a bit extra money to the provider makes sense. CCT typically take longer (at least what I'm used to) and just end up being more work. At my old service, each CCT just came to whoever hadn't done one for a while. It was almost desirable to take one, even without a stipend, since it got you out of district for a couple hours. Some would resent it though if they were tapped for multiple night LDT/CCT and felt others weren't pulling their weight.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I kind of like that concept. They're usually reimbursed at a higher rate, so a bit extra money to the provider makes sense. CCT typically take longer (at least what I'm used to) and just end up being more work. At my old service, each CCT just came to whoever hadn't done one for a while. It was almost desirable to take one, even without a stipend, since it got you out of district for a couple hours. Some would resent it though if they were tapped for multiple night LDT/CCT and felt others weren't pulling their weight.

Ours is whichever CCT unit is closest to the call if its emergent. If its not emergent then it's whoever has been the slowest unless it would put them off late.

Being efficient at them and nice to the dispatcher also gets them sent your way ;) which is what i do lol.

Is rather run those all shift than 911 calls. I make extra $$ and its more of a challenge along with usually more critical patients.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I did CCT in Washington and the job was was strictly CCT IFT. All of us were part time and it paid around 25 bucks an hour, 24 hour shifts and usually only a couple of calls. The medics had private dorm rooms with flat screens and super comfy bunks. Not bad as extra cash and they treated the medics like gold.

But, it got really good when you were on call. If the medic on shift took a call, the "on call" medic got paged and came in to cover. Minimum of three hours pay, even if you were there for 10 minutes... Plus a stipend (between 150 and 300 per call). I took call a lot.

I lived about 10 minutes from the HQ, so I would frequently be working without knowing it. The medic on duty would get a call and I'd get activated, but the dispatcher wouldn't wake me up unless she needed me. I'd wake up to a text that said, "you got 4 hours last night". It was a great job. Most of the CCT was just monitor and a line, but we did have an expanded scope for pumps, vents and blood. We used LTV1200 vents and the hospital's pumps, in case you were curious.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
That is a nice arrangement.

We (the medics) are pushing hard for us to have dedicated CCT units here. Currently we are worked into the system and used like a regular unit until the capability is needed.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
We dont have cct here.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
And apparently tonight I am making up for being off for a week.

Keep it down, I'm trying to sleep here... Haven't caught a run in 4 hours...

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Um no lol.

I'm at 6 since 1730. Longest we've sat still was 20mins. It's either been on a call or moving posts. All 911 and only one has been legit.

Well if you drive past Babcock and Wurzbach, be a sport and turn off your sirens for me ;) haha

It's alright, I got it handed to me last shift with the flood waters. 30 calls in 24hrs I think it was. Slept in the truck on the way to water rescues :lol:

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Well if you drive past Babcock and Wurzbach, be a sport and turn off your sirens for me ;) haha

It's alright, I got it handed to me last shift with the flood waters. 30 calls in 24hrs I think it was. Slept in the truck on the way to water rescues :lol:

I wondered how some of y'all faired during all that. Been there done it during hurricanes.