the 100% directionless thread

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I have a real love hate relationship with my roommates puppy...right now it's all I can do to not drop kick her across the room, my face is not a chew toy while I'm napping. That's gonna scar for sure, glad she missed the eye, barely.

I've got scars from pets. Glad none are on my face. I do have several on my fingers, hands, and arms though.

One on my finger happened just before leaving for my basic class. I show up with my finger bandaged, and that day's lecture was on lacerations.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I forgot how much of a downward spiral having a new "toy" is.

Tuned the truck to the "mild" tune took her for a spin and went back to stock since the EGT probe isn't installed yet and neither is the exhaust and I'd rather not blow my truck up a week before all the goodies go on it and I can run the tune I want to run safely. Can't stop smiling, thing spins the tires from a dead stop with just throttle and it's not even the "big" tune that's gonna be on it once everything gets installed. Did some reading, decided I should delete the EGR just to be safe so what do I do? Go out and order an EGR Delete kit from XDP.

Hopefully this will keep me content for a while.

Only other things I can think of would be a remote oil cooler but that's a pretty penny. After that I'm sure I'll eventually end up with ARP studs and a Garrett Powermax 37R turbo upgrade...then it'd just be too fast, tow like a champion though.

This thing is going to sound nasty with the straight pipes and EGR delete! :D

Edit: she's just so damn hard to stay mad at when she's this cute!

We call this the "please run my belly Uncle Robb" position

uze8u3az.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel

Tuned the truck to the "mild" tune took her for a spin and went back to stock since the EGT probe isn't installed yet and neither is the exhaust and I'd rather not blow my truck up a week before all the goodies go on it and I can run the tune I want to run safely. Can't stop smiling, thing spins the tires from a dead stop with just throttle and it's not even the "big" tune that's gonna be on it once everything gets installed. Did some reading, decided I should delete the EGR just to be safe so what do I do? Go out and order an EGR Delete kit from XDP.

Only other things I can think of would be a remote oil cooler but that's a pretty penny. After that I'm sure I'll eventually end up with ARP studs and a Garrett Powermax 37R turbo upgrade...then it'd just be too fast, tow like a champion though.

No habla espanol. Habla engles por favor.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I'd like to welcome back our resident RT troll. Straight from San Fransisco, it's Ventmedic... with a new sock puppet.

Achilles

Forum Moron

Edit: she's just so damn hard to stay mad at when she's this cute!

We call this the "please run my belly Uncle Robb" position

uze8u3az.jpg
There's another 350$ for the egr delete

I on the other hand am pretty much redoing my whole front suspension :sad:

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Woke up to find our tax return, EMSA and NG pay all hit. MONEY!!!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
There's another 350$ for the egr delete

I on the other hand am pretty much redoing my whole front suspension :sad:

Actually got a pretty good deal on the XDP kit. 230 shipped. Was kinda hesitant at first but spent about 45 minutes on the phone with a guy at XDP who really impressed me with his knowledge about the 6.0 and pointed me to a bunch of different forums with reviews on the different kits and theirs had pretty good reviews.

Not really sure how many hours of labor they're going to charge me for the work though...that's probably gonna be the killer. Turbo back exhaust, EGR delete and placing the EGT probe and running the cables...probably ~4 hours if I had to guess.

Woke up to find our tax return, EMSA and NG pay all hit. MONEY!!!

Gotta love waking up to free money!

I'd like to welcome back our resident RT troll. Straight from San Fransisco, it's Ventmedic... with a new sock puppet.

I joined this forum after this person apparently stopped posting here. I hear general consensus was that he/she caused problems/trolled around?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I joined this forum after this person apparently stopped posting here. I hear general consensus was that he/she caused problems/trolled around?

I've been around for a while and I don't ever remember her being here when I first started posting.

From the posts of her's I've read she seemed like she knew her stuff, just had a horrible attitude towards other members, EMS in general (she was an RRT, claimed Doctorate in Respiratory therapy, right?) and her manners were even worse.

Feels funny talking about not-so-nice posters when I've gotten plenty of infractions and been called an *** multiple times.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
I've been around for a while and I don't ever remember her being here when I first started posting.

From the posts of her's I've read she seemed like she knew her stuff, just had a horrible attitude towards other members, EMS in general (she was an RRT, claimed Doctorate in Respiratory therapy, right?) and her manners were even worse.

Feels funny talking about not-so-nice posters when I've gotten plenty of infractions and been called an *** multiple times.

Shut up ***... JK <.<

JPINFV

Gadfly
Ventmedic used to be helpful... and then she snapped. To get a good view, look up the "Non-English EMT test in USA?" thread on the 'forum that shall not be named."

I think it's because of some of the past member's meltdowns or extreme hostile behavior towards other members that has caused any slight form of contention between current members to be put under a larger microscope. Just my opinion man, I've been around a little while to think that. Still, EMTLIFE is way more orderly and generally pleasant to be around than some other boards I've visited over the years.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
We try, but it's not always easy.

The remaining part of this post is directed at everyone, and not one member in particular:

As far as claiming a new member is a reincarnation of a former member, please bring your concerns to the attention of a CL via PM so we can look into it rather than making a public issue of it. If we find that former member returned under a new name, we'll deal with it.

While we certainly can ban anyone for any reason we prefer not to do it. We actually try to have some type of proof beyond somebody making a claim based strictly on writing styles, and it make take us some time to investigate the matter.

If you decide to make the issue public instead of bringing it directly to a CL, and you are wrong, it will be you getting the forum vacation. If you bring it to our attention privately, and you are wrong, then no action will be taken against you.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
I think it's because of some of the past member's meltdowns or extreme hostile behavior towards other members that has caused any slight form of contention between current members to be put under a larger microscope. Just my opinion man, I've been around a little while to think that. Still, EMTLIFE is way more orderly and generally pleasant to be around than some other boards I've visited over the years.

This. The people here are largely helpful and pleasant, even when answering questions answered often here.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I didn't name no names or nuttin like dat.

/Yo dawg... sup? Gotta run... po po commin.
//:D

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I didn't name no names or nuttin like dat.

/Yo dawg... sup? Gotta run... po po commin.
//:D

Make sure your not driving a truck or else the po po may still shoot...