the 100% directionless thread

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Just filled out my application to go back to college. Not only was I insane enough to become an emt, now I've decided to become a nurse. God help me.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Just filled out my application to go back to college. Not only was I insane enough to become an emt, now I've decided to become a nurse. God help me.
Good luck :p
I'm really screwed for that, haven't decided where/ what I'm going to school for and I graduate high school in 2 months.
Want to go straight to fire science, but my family is pushing me to be the first in my family to get an actual degree. Dunno :glare: hahaha

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm really screwed for that, haven't decided where/ what I'm going to school for and I graduate high school in 2 months.
Want to go straight to fire science, but my family is pushing me to be the first in my family to get an actual degree. Dunno :glare: hahaha

Hey, I'm 28, and just now figuring out what I want to do with my life. You have some time.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

I'd say listen to your parents and get a degree. I wish I had, I'd have a lot more options available to me.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I have a real love hate relationship with my roommates puppy...right now it's all I can do to not drop kick her across the room, my face is not a chew toy while I'm napping. That's gonna scar for sure, glad she missed the eye, barely.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
I have a real love hate relationship with my roommates puppy...right now it's all I can do to not drop kick her across the room, my face is not a chew toy while I'm napping. That's gonna scar for sure, glad she missed the eye, barely.

Ouch... how did you knot wake up form someone chewing on your face? o.o

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Ouch... how did you knot wake up form someone chewing on your face? o.o

It was a single sneak attack. We were napping together, my roommate said I was snoring and she was looking at me real funny then just BOOM pounced on my face.

Little :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

My roommates are useless...why's the medic have to get hurt!? Tried to explain how to put butterflies on it but ended up having my RN friend drop by on her way to work to fix me up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
It was a single sneak attack. We were napping together, my roommate said I was snoring and she was looking at me real funny then just BOOM pounced on my face.

My roommates are useless...why's the medic have to get hurt!? Tried to explain how to put butterflies on it but ended up having my RN friend drop by on her way to work to fix me up.

thought you were growling at her...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

To clear things up, were you napping with the puppy or with your roommate?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Throat sliced from ear to ear; guy's trachea, jugular, and carotid clearly visible and uncompromised. Guy was awake the entire time. Talk about lucky :ph34r:

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
150mcg Fentanyl in a 75kg patient with a decent UTI is apparently "too much" pain medication, "most people here just take the edge off". Scary.

Also, 2.5mg midazolam = great for anxiety.

Also also, glucagon > D50, especially when Fire has blown both ACs trying to force an 18 into a 20G vein.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
To clear things up, were you napping with the puppy or with your roommate?

The puppy :p

I live with three other dudes but nice try!

When I lived with girls I did the whole cuddle with the roommate thing...poor decision! :lol:

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Is it just me or does the off season for baseball feel longer than the actual season... even though it's much shorter...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I was a radio DJ for the first time in 5 years yesterday. (That was my job before becoming a medic) It's just like riding a bike. A very wobbly bike with a flat rear tire. :)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Throat sliced from ear to ear; guy's trachea, jugular, and carotid clearly visible and uncompromised. Guy was awake the entire time. Talk about lucky :ph34r:

Hop crap. Had two players get stepped on with skates in the last three days. One severed the medial nerve in his pinkie and required a hand surgeon to come down to the arena to fix. Talk about service

During Saturday's game an opposing player's neck and ear got stepped on, cut his ear in half vertically and kept on going deep into his neck. Both the laceration in his neck and his ear require deep absorbable sutures to repair, a total of 25 by the end. About an inch lower and things would have been far worse, the lac penetrated far deeper than the carotid is located. When the orthopedist who did the suturing told the kid this he promptly passed out. You could actually see the hollow of be skate's blade on his neck, wild stuff.

It's nice having friendly doctors who will work outside their office and surgery centers.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The puppy :p

I live with three other dudes but nice try!

When I lived with girls I did the whole cuddle with the roommate thing...poor decision! :lol:

I work in a city that is know for its gay and lesbian culture so I don't judge haha.