the 100% directionless thread

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Vaginal bleeding? Hardly an emergency, but it is something that needs to be evaluated. If only OB/Gyns had clinic days (actually... if only they didn't!).

By chance, did she have this bleeding about 28 days or so ago?

I would hope that the average post-pubescent female patient would be able to identify the difference between "normal" and "not normal" bleeding down there.

Then again, maybe that's putting a bit too much faith in humanity. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
By chance, did she have this bleeding about 28 days or so ago?

Side note: Before I saw the trailer & poster for it, a friend had me convinced that the movie "28 Days Later" was about this exact topic.

I was quite confused when I kept hearing how awesome it was from my male friends. :blink:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I would hope that the average post-pubescent female patient would be able to identify the difference between "normal" and "not normal" bleeding down there.

Then again, maybe that's putting a bit too much faith in humanity. :blink:

I wouldn't take that on faith :) Average? Maybe but definitely not all. Here in Texas the general consensus tends to be keep people as ignorant about their nethers as possible. People should fear their privates not understand them. We don't want anyone getting "ideas".

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Just had my first patient to cuss me out. That was fun.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
Females are carriers of the genetic mutation, but are rarely affected by it.
Well...you learn something new everyday...:huh:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Well...you learn something new everyday...:huh:

It's an X chromosome thing. The genetic mutation is carried in the X chromosome. Since men only have one, they are always affected if they inherit it. Since women have two X chromosomes they aren't affected because the non mutated X chromosome makes up for the mutated one. Women are only seriously affected if they inherit it from both parents.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Vaginal haemmorhage lady was given some oxytocin and sent home.

There was a case recently of PV bleeding and the usual jokes ensued, when the crew got there the lady was near arrest and very unwell.

In class they taught us how to control post partum haemorrhage by sticking one hand up into the vagina and compressing the uterus or something, EWWWWWW!!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Dispatch loves me apparently.

Sign on like usual
Dispatch: "Haven't you been at education since 0800?"
Me: "That's a-firm sir but we're ready to party"
D: "Right on. Well, take your party to xxx (our BFE hard post) and enjoy your night sir"
M: "Copy that, show us in route. Muchos gracias mi amigo!"

Only problem is I slept from 2130-2330, got toned out to come back to town for coverage, turned us around and sent us back to BFE 10 minutes later then slept from 0000-0315. That's like a full night's sleep for me!

I'm wired and don't work until 1630 tonight...too bad there's no snow or I'd go ride the sled for a couple hours as soon as the sun came up! :(

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I just found out my best friend is transferring companies in April...I'm heart broken :(

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Great, we have massive manhunt for an Ex cop who is going around and shooting other cops and their families.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Great, we have massive manhunt for an Ex cop who is going around and shooting other cops and their families.

I saw that. The guy was fired in 2009 and still had is badge and ID?:eek:

bigbaldguy

I saw that. The guy was fired in 2009 and still had is badge and ID?:eek:

Sounds like letting him keep his gun was probably poor judgement as well.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Sounds like letting him keep his gun was probably poor judgement as well.

He was also in the military and apparently has a lot of weapons from handguns to sniper rifles.

Edit: and now all EMS/Fire in the surrounding areas (mine included) are in high alert until further notice.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy