the 100% directionless thread

T minus 3 hours til the wedding. :)

No time like the present to run away.:o

Congrats on the funer... I mean wedding.

As a married father of two...I say run for the hills!

He must have ran otherwise he would have posted during the ceremony.

Are you guys kidding? He's marrying a veterinarian. He's not going to run, he's got himself a sugar mama. :P

Are you guys kidding? He's marrying a veterinarian. He's not going to run, he's got himself a sugar mama. :P

Lucky for you guys by the sounds, there was a thing on TV here saying compared to the cost of education how poorly a vet gets paid. They complete very similar training to a Doctor and start on half the pay.

I'm sorry freaking out because you are 25 and not hitched is a little stupid.

I was joking dear :)

ACLS Algorithms today......

Yes, we are going insane.....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355340323070.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355340323070.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 173
Fire department just because the monitor shows a paced pulse on a patient that has a pacemaker doesn't mean the patient isn't in full arrest...

Not exactly a sugar mama, but we do alright.:)

Thanks guys. We had a small little ceremony today with a few friends, a really nice lunch afterwards… And we're both heading to work tonight. She's at the emergency clinic and I am on a medic unit in the far south end of the county.

Typical life of the couple who work shift

Lucky for you guys by the sounds, there was a thing on TV here saying compared to the cost of education how poorly a vet gets paid. They complete very similar training to a Doctor and start on half the pay.
That's actually pretty standard here, too. I'm friends with several vets, and their salary ranges from 70k to 90k range. Of course there are those who make more, but its not as much as one would expect, and certainly not as much as they should. Definitely not on par with the amount of education and debt they go through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly a sugar mama, but we do alright.:)

Thanks guys. We had a small little ceremony today with a few friends, a really nice lunch afterwards… And we're both heading to work tonight. She's at the emergency clinic and I am on a medic unit in the far south end of the county.

Typical life of the couple who work shift

Back to work?! Y'all are crazy!

Congrats though!! Happy for you :D

That's actually pretty standard here, too. I'm friends with several vets, and their salary ranges from 70k to 90k range. Of course there are those who make more, but its not as much as one would expect, and certainly not as much as they should. Definitely not on par with the amount of education and debt they go through.

This is very true. My wife (heh. Still funny to say...) was an equine vet. She had a truck and did farm calls. She made about 150k a year, but worked non stop. Emerency calls and the phone on 24/7. She got pretty burnt out and now she specializes as an emergency vet, working 12 shifts a month at a nights/weekend "pet ER" and makes around 80k. It's a lot easier on our life and she's able to pretty much adjust her schedule around mine. She agrees that the money vs debt load is certainly not equal. :/

I'm going to start working full time for the first time since 2002. Here goes nothing. It's an easy schedule to handle- work 1 off 3. I'll still be homeschooling, in my free time. :)

My planner just got to be my best friend, and sticky notes also.

My planner just got to be my best friend, and sticky notes also.

The calendar and notes apps on my iPhone are essential to my survival and sanity.

My iPhone got fried once, spent much of the two days until it was replaced resisting the urge to curl up in the fetal position. :ph34r:

Not sure what vets you guys are talking about, but the ones I know have a decent salary. My family has a lot of live stock (3 horses, a donkey, 2 cows, 6 chickens, a few pigs, ya know? The normal stuff :unsure: )
The vet we use is a really good guy, normally doesn't even charge us, but he still has a massive house sitting on 50 acres of land. My mom used to work for him as a vet tech and he paid well and made quite a bit out of his clinic.

Just found out my work has a "Candy" Award. It's a bag full of candy that they hand out to the medic who used the most Morphine during the year..... We had 2 medics get the award :rofl:

Just found out my work has a "Candy" Award. It's a bag full of candy that they hand out to the medic who used the most Morphine during the year..... We had 2 medics get the award :rofl:

I should propose this at work. Although I'm pretty sure I would win, so that wouldn't be very fair.

That is awesome!

I have no idea who anyone is any more:blink:.

Back