the 100% directionless thread

I prefer Chipotle.

I agree with this. Chipotle is also great for clearing out your system if you know what I mean. Although Taco Bell takes it to explosive levels...

Not the first time I take it?

I've gotten off on time 3 maybe 4 times since this shift bid started 2 months ago...

I work 4x12s...

You do the math lol

If you can't sign on on time to your 0400 shift don't :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing bid it.

I get one more late call because of this guy and its not going to be pretty. I signed up for 4 12s not 4 14s.

At my last agency, my relief had a tendency to show 5-10 minutes after the normal start of shift, and thus me getting a late call was not unusual, which meant if we transported, it was a 3 hour turn around time (yay rural EMS). AND she lived within 5 minutes of the station!

Kick is, she got promoted to Captain, much to the chagrin and surprise of nearly everyone in the county. Rumors abound about who, I mean how, she did it, BUT I do know nearly everyone, including myself, left shortly afterword.

That sucks.

If my shift ends at 11:00, our unit gets put on a 15 minute mark at 10:45 which puts us as last priority for assignment unless we are across the street from it.

At 11:00 our system automatically logs us off, doesn't matter if relief is here yet. I have to wait for my relief to show up to pass off narcotics or I can lock them up in the safe. If the person is a few minutes late I take the 15 minutes OT (after 7 minutes I get 15) and head home.

Assuming people know what time your unit logs off, they will usually pick up the job for you if you get called in your last half hour. Just have to go over the air and tell dispatch you are closer.

If the level is decent enough, my agency sends us a coverage truck an hour before our end of shift time. 30 minutes before our end of shift, we're cleared back to the station unavailable for everything but Priority 1 (Delta and Echo, high level) calls. If for some reason we aren't back at the station and the clock passes our EOS time, dispatch can't even ask if we'd like to take a call, we don't exist.

When it works, it works. When it doesn't, you find yourself staring at the computer screen, seeing priority 1 after priority 1 pop up around your icon racing back to the station, knowing full well that dispatch planned those calls and coached the callers on what to say just to get your to stay late :glare:

My EOS time is 1800. At 1700 we sometimes get coverage. We are available to take any call until we clock out.

We signed a contract with our company saying that we can be held over 2 hours past our EOS without a choice. After 2 hours dispatch has to ask us.

Random thought of the day:

Time to complete a paper PCR: 15 minutes.
Time to complete an ePCR: 30 minutes.

Something seems wrong here...

I wonder when the Dialysis mobiles will make the switch to EPCR in LA......

Random thought of the day:

Time to complete a paper PCR: 15 minutes.
Time to complete an ePCR: 30 minutes.

Something seems wrong here...

And an epcr uses more paper :wacko:

Our dispatch pulls us 45 min before we're supposed to clock out so we can refuel, restock, and wash the truck. Also good is that so far I have yet to see a mandatory hold-over.

Trying to introduce my parents to Settlers of Cantan. I might have made a $45 mistake...

I wonder when the Dialysis mobiles will make the switch to EPCR in LA......

Never. Not worth the money. Why spend $5000 on a single unit when you can use paper? Not to mention epcrs require a large back end to store all of the data. Believe it or not electronic data has higher standards of privacy than paper data. An epcr needs to be encrypted and hard to access, where paper PCRs can be shoved in a box and stored behind a cheap locked door.

What about Orange County requiring all ambulance companies to have ePCR sometime in 2013?

Then be prepared to see some of the most ragtag ePCRs you've ever seen.

Or maybe you'll see a Kindlefire HD with an ePCR app :rolleyes:

hahahahaha seriously. I guess you don't need a heavy duty tough book to keep track of Mrs. Snooglebiven's dialysis trips.

I've got all my agency patches (except for one in Colorado) and all my cert patches... I'm gonna be laquering them onto an old wooden backboard eventually, then hanging it up.

That's gonna need to be a huge backboard!

How does high frequency affect the CNS or the human body for that matter?

As in high frequency radio waves? Depends. At high powers, you can get burns.

Trying to introduce my parents to Settlers of Cantan. I might have made a $45 mistake...

You're more of a nerd than I thought.

A word doc with editable fields.

Can you take pictures of an MVA and show people, as long as no identifying markers or pts?

Can you take pictures of an MVA and show people, as long as no identifying markers or pts?

As long as it doesn't have any bearing on patient confidentiality and it is not a crime scene.

If you are a bystander passing by you can do whatever you want.

Personally I think it is poor practice to take pictures and post them on facebook like many of my volly brethren enjoy doing. If the accident is just unreal, I may take a picture for my own sake on the phone but I almost never take a picture of anything.

I see ER doctors take pictures of patient injuries on the smartphones all the time. I'm sure its to show a surgeon but I'm sure that picture makes it to outside of work discussion if its an interesting patient.

I have a picture taken by another medic on scene. He sent it to me. I just don't want to be in trouble for having it.

A convertible went through two fences and 6 feet into a cement building.

Back