the 100% directionless thread

I have a picture taken by another medic on scene. He sent it to me. I just don't want to be in trouble for having it.

A convertible went through two fences and 6 feet into a cement building.

You weren't involved in patient care. You can have whatever you want unless you are directly linked to the confidentiality of that patient.

News reporters take pictures of whatever they want.

No I was on scene. Just didn't take the pic myself.

I think I'll just keep it for my private collection lol just in case

We have a "no photos ever" on scene policy. The only camera allowed is the county owed camera in the supervisor truck. Kind of silly, if you ask me. I'm used to talking pic of the vehicle for the doc when I'm on bad MVAs.

Im jealous of those of you that coverage for end of shift or cant be used after your end time.

I just get stuck. If we arent back at the station we are subject to any emergency if we are closest. Or in my unit's case an emergent CCT call. If we are posted in an area for coverage we just have to wait till a unit clears and can take our place. That gets real nervous knowing we are past our EOS and hoping an emergency doesnt come out because its instant being off way late.

Dispatch makes a decent effort to get us back to the station on time..But if we're away from it we are subject to any emergency call.

So I tried out Brazilian Jujitsu yesterday. I ended up being there for 3 hours. I have multiple mat burns, I am sore everywhere and I am pretty sure my knees and chest are going to be bruised but it was awesome. I am defiantly going to start taking it.

So I tried out Brazilian Jujitsu yesterday. I ended up being there for 3 hours. I have multiple mat burns, I am sore everywhere and I am pretty sure my knees and chest are going to be bruised but it was awesome. I am defiantly going to start taking it.

Hapkido is better :)

Im jealous of those of you that coverage for end of shift or cant be used after your end time.

I just get stuck. If we arent back at the station we are subject to any emergency if we are closest. Or in my unit's case an emergent CCT call. If we are posted in an area for coverage we just have to wait till a unit clears and can take our place. That gets real nervous knowing we are past our EOS and hoping an emergency doesnt come out because its instant being off way late.

Dispatch makes a decent effort to get us back to the station on time..But if we're away from it we are subject to any emergency call.

Although it sucks to get held over, there is one slight benefit to it...double time. I'm on a 12 hour car so anything that holds me over means double time on the books. I'm not sure if its a regional thing (after 8 hours time and a half, 12+ = double time) but that is what helps me stay positive while being held over.

As a rule I typically don't make plans for nights I work. So I typically don't mind being held over.

Although it sucks to get held over, there is one slight benefit to it...double time. I'm on a 12 hour car so anything that holds me over means double time on the books. I'm not sure if its a regional thing (after 8 hours time and a half, 12+ = double time) but that is what helps me stay positive while being held over.

As a rule I typically don't make plans for nights I work. So I typically don't mind being held over.

For us it just adds hours and after we go over 40 in the pay week it becomes time and half OT.

Usually I don't mind but then there are the shifts when we just wanna go home.

Usually I don't mind but then there are the shifts when we just wanna go home.

That's me, every shift.

The slight increase in pay is not worth it to me to stay late, even by 1 minute. Especially if I'm supposed to be back in 12 hours.

Working my first roller derby. It's... interesting to say the least

I'm in the middle of stinking nowhere in Wyoming and I still have cell service. I'm amazed.

Working my first roller derby. It's... interesting to say the least

I went to my first roller derby the weekend before Halloween. I thought the same thing, but it was fun! (My brother's girlfriend is a derby girl.)

Is anyone done with their holiday shopping yet?

I've been a shut in all week, studying for my paramedic class written and skills finals. No shopping for this guy -_-

Haven't even started holiday shopping either. But I'm asking Santa for a medical dictionary and the book "In Stitches"

Anyone try this iPhone case?
I'v managed to break three otter boxes'
https://www.lunatik.com/products/taktik

Who buys medical dictionaries anymore? Heard of the Internet?

That's great if you always have internet and electrical power. Sometimes, low tech is the most reliable solution.

Who buys medical dictionaries anymore? Heard of the Internet?
The internet is helpful However, they're some words that are just so difficult to find and the sites you do find them on often don't contain the etymology
That's great if you always have internet and electrical power. Sometimes, low tech is the most reliable solution.

Yes!

Non-functional cruise control, inoperative speedometer, and half the lights in the instrument cluster are on, including the service engine soon light......

And I'm in the stinking middle of Wyoming. No dealers or mechanics I can locate that are open today for literally hundreds of miles around.

Back