the 100% directionless thread

6y4e8y5a.jpg

Did a little patch trading while I was in NY.

Cool

That's very cool. I was into the patch collecting for a while. Now, I just have one from each place I've worked or volunteered, from my first fire company in 1987 to my current agency. I haven't framed them or anything... I don't quite know what to do with them.

That's very cool. I was into the patch collecting for a while. Now, I just have one from each place I've worked or volunteered, from my first fire company in 1987 to my current agency. I haven't framed them or anything... I don't quite know what to do with them.

This is the only patch from another company I have. I'm not into patch collecting. This one I'm going to frame along with other stuff that I received from my first deployment to Sandy.

I've got all my agency patches (except for one in Colorado) and all my cert patches... I'm gonna be laquering them onto an old wooden backboard eventually, then hanging it up.

This is the only patch from another company I have. I'm not into patch collecting. This one I'm going to frame along with other stuff that I received from my first deployment to Sandy.

If you remind me in January il give you all the patches off one of my FDNY uniforms.

There are 6 of them per shirt.

If you remind me in January il give you all the patches off one of my FDNY uniforms.

There are 6 of them per shirt.

Nice! Ill definatly hit you up in January!

How does high frequency affect the CNS or the human body for that matter?

Had a suspected pontine bleed.

Partner and I couldn't get the tube. 10mg of Valium is so worthless. Even more so by the fact that we don't have etomidate right now... Wish we had RSI.

RT/EM doc couldn't get the tube either had to get anesthia with a glide scope to come down...

That's lame. Trying to do DFI with less than optimal meds is a recipe for disaster.

I feel for you bro.

Was it a tough tube due to not being able to get the patient flaccid enough for adequate jaw excursion or just poor visibility? If it was just a bad view, did you try a bougie?

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a suspected pontine bleed.

Partner and I couldn't get the tube. 10mg of Valium is so worthless. Even more so by the fact that we don't have etomidate right now... Wish we had RSI.

RT/EM doc couldn't get the tube either had to get anesthia with a glide scope to come down...

With diazepam?

Might as well have just clubbed him over the head, probably would have worked better.

With diazepam?

Might as well have just clubbed him over the head, probably would have worked better.

It was a her. A very gross her. She was half naked lying on literally 1" of dust in a small messy room with no lights. Defecated as well. 4" toenails...

10 of Valium was enough to get the blade in but not to stop her from blocking tube insertion.

That's lame. Trying to do DFI with less than optimal meds is a recipe for disaster.

I feel for you bro.

Was it a tough tube due to not being able to get the patient flaccid enough for adequate jaw excursion or just poor visibility? If it was just a bad view, did you try a bougie?

She was very anterior but I was able to see the arytnoids and epiglottis enough to try and get the tube in but it was just too tight even with a smaller tube. (Tried a 7.5 first)

Even stuck two rolled up sheets under her to get a better view but she just wouldn't let us in. They had no luck in the ER until they got a glide scope and succs.

just went and checked on her and her CT was actually negative. Doc said they have nothing yet she's on a vent awaiting further tests. He said possibly a large ischemic stroke but he doubts it especially being on Coumadin.

Alright everyone. If you voted and your casting met the criteria as set forth by BBG several pages back, you are eligible to receive a free pony!

However, the pickup location has been changed from Tibet to Billings, Montana, where I am currently, with a load of ponies for all approved voters.

To prove your eligibility, and to verify your membership at emtlife, please appear in front of the courthouse between 2230 and 2232 tonight with a autographed print out of Jon's 631st post, a transmission verification of your vote in Morse Code from am approved country and your screen-name and those of the candidates on the ballot tattooed in cyrillic on the 1000 year old preserved hide of a Siberian Blue Squirrel with the tail still attached.

Thanks and see you all soon!

Alright everyone. If you voted and your casting met the criteria as set forth by BBG several pages back, you are eligible to receive a free pony!

However, the pickup location has been changed from Tibet to Billings, Montana, where I am currently, with a load of ponies for all approved voters.

To prove your eligibility, and to verify your membership at emtlife, please appear in front of the courthouse between 2230 and 2232 tonight with a autographed print out of Jon's 631st post, a transmission verification of your vote in Morse Code from am approved country and your screen-name and those of the candidates on the ballot tattooed in cyrillic on the 1000 year old preserved hide of a Siberian Blue Squirrel with the tail still attached.

Thanks and see you all soon!

Might want to fix your signature, now that the polls are closed.

Tetracaine sure makes pepper spray tolerable....

Also, I like turtles.

Tetracaine sure makes pepper spray tolerable....

Nobody wins whenever pepper spray is discharged. Especially outdoors. Always end up taking the perp and the user to the hospital.

Nobody wins whenever pepper spray is discharged. Especially outdoors. Always end up taking the perp and the user to the hospital.

But it's great for clearing out your sinuses when they are stuffed up. :P

Back