the 100% directionless thread

One more thing, the Tigers are destroying the Yankees!

One more thing, the Tigers are destroying the Yankees!

Woot woot.
ysu4y3ap.jpg

Here in Cali, all new guns must come with a gun lock unless you have a gun safe. they're useful, but you're better off gun proofing your kids imo. The arguments can go both ways, but I keep most of my guns locked, otherwise they wouldn't be very useful.

When I was little, there were several news stories about kids shooting guns they found in the house. So my parents had an uncle come over with a selection of guns from his collection to teach us about how to handle a gun safely, and then took us to a gravel pit so we could shoot them. For targets he taped necco wafers to cardboard, so that when you hit them, they explode with a colorful cloud of dust.

That way, if we did find a gun at a friend's house, we would know what it felt like, and wouldn't be tempted to try it out.

I have never heard of a hospital that allows staff to exit the front doors to render aid, not even in the parking lot. Maybe its a rural thing?

My current hospital will respond anywhere on the campus. We actually had a code blue in the ED parking lot a week or two ago that went out on the overhead as "Code blue, parking lot 8."

Here in Cali, all new guns must come with a gun lock unless you have a gun safe. they're useful, but you're better off gun proofing your kids imo. The arguments can go both ways, but I keep most of my guns locked, otherwise they wouldn't be very useful.

A locking safety and a gun lock are not the same thing.

I think I'm gonna go order my discount Glock 22 when i get off work tomorrow :)
You guys are making me think my 10mm Witness needed a friend

Get a Glock 20 or 29 then...save on buying different types of ammo.

My current hospital will respond anywhere on the campus. We actually had a code blue in the ED parking lot a week or two ago that went out on the overhead as "Code blue, parking lot 8."

Same here but they still activate us as well. Whoever gets their first takes the call.

Cardinals!!!

Not a fan of an external manual safety on handguns, especially if it's for concealed carry/protection use. If you are going to go that route then make sure you train with that particular gun so using that safety becomes second nature.

The best safety is between your ears.

Springfield XD .45

Haven't touched the gun in a year and just shot a 41/50. Not the best, but my 25 yd drill served as my warm up and I lost most my points there.

What?
How haven't you shot it in a year?

gotta love the XD. I carry a 4", occasionally a 3", and use a 5" for IDPA.
But my 1911 is my only .45

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a Glock 20 or 29 then...save on buying different types of ammo.

Been thinking about that too, and i could even buy conversion barrels for.40 and.357 Sig if i wanted that way

What?
How haven't you shot it in a year?

gotta love the XD. I carry a 4", occasionally a 3", and use a 5" for IDPA.
But my 1911 is my only .45

Hey, I was busy going to medic school and undergrad.

Love my XD, I just wish there was more aftermarket support. I'd buy a 22lr conversion in a heartbeat. I'm not big on the metal body mags either. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Lies. You're there because you get to tell nurses what to do, watch them try to do it, and then tell them that they're doing it wrong. :P

Ok that was pretty fricken cool. Haha

They were doing head to toe assessments. And it was a critical fail if they didn't have the doctor check sphincter tone. I giggled lol

Also they argued for 15 min if the 87 y.o female with a broken pelvis, femur, and tib fib fracture could have a foley lol

I almost aspirated a swig of diet pepsi. Do you sit paging through images all day so that you can find an appropriate one when you need it, or do you just have google images linked to your central processor?

Back