the 100% directionless thread

One of our frequent fliers is before the courts again:

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/accused-cannot-call-000-service/1583839/

Excerpt from the article:

A BRIBIE Island woman accused of using Queensland ambulances as a taxi service and wasting more than $1 million in emergency services costs has faced court looking less than impressed.

Bongaree resident Valerie Dawn Gough, 67, was charged with 302 counts of improper use of the 000 service and two counts of breach of bail when she appeared in the Caboolture Courthouse.

POLICE alleged Ms Gough treated the 000 service like a taxi service, faking ailments to get rides to the hospital to pick up her medication.

This lady has already been prosecuted in the past for abusing Ambulances. She was on bail at the time, and continues to call.

Lol, no, not me.

The sella turcica was just one of those random things that stuck...

Repetition and practicality, like you said, it was works the best.
=======================================
OK Jambi, what syndrome is THIS then?

Picture-2086.jpg

Today I had probably one of the most awkward full arrest possible. I would like to elaborate on the call but I can't because this is a family friendly site haha

Asphyxiation? ^_^

All of my self studying of anatomy is finally paying off..in my biology class.

Though I did learn how to assess SI joints for instability today, now to assess grandma's the next time we go to an ER...

I'm allowed to have an opinion damnit.

And my opinion is that you are a moron for giving 10mg of morphine to your hypotensive pt who fell 25 ft from a window. And then freak out and wonder why his Bp dropped even further.

All of my self studying of anatomy is finally paying off..in my biology class.

Though I did learn how to assess SI joints for instability today, now to assess grandma's the next time we go to an ER...

My self study is making my head hurt. 100 pages on the nervous system to go...

I'm allowed to have an opinion damnit.

And my opinion is that you are a moron for giving 10mg of morphine to your hypotensive pt who fell 25 ft from a window. And then freak out and wonder why his Bp dropped even further.

Fent? Or atleast give 5mg evaluate the effect and give more if they are hypo.

I thought fentanyl was more appropriate. But I'm just a basic.

But I'm just a basic.

I despise that statement more and more each time I hear it.

But yes, I would agree that fentanyl would have been a more appropriate choice. Then again, I wasn't there, so I can only guess. :/

Well this guy had multiple injuries, and was repeating himself. 25 yrs old. Amazing veins. Took 3 tries

Then he draws the morphine into an insulin syringe. Which doesn't hook into our Iv lines. So he had to transfer syringes.

I didn't say a word on scene. Only asked if he wanted the IV line wide open and he said no TKO.

Afterward I asked him to go through the call with me. And I asked why he choose morphine.

He said "why do you care. You are just a basic".

I would report him to his employer immediately. I am not one to be a "snitch" but such people are detrimental to the progression of EMS and more importantly likely to hurt people with improper practices.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Oh you are going to love nursing exams.....

Haha yea I know. My girlfriend has another 2 semesters left in her BSN. She thinks I'm insane for wanting to be a firefighter and nurse.

I want to just knock out A&P first since it helps me as a medic and it should be the foundation of any medical education. Haven't touched the nursing classes yet. My goal is to complete one class a month, at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would report him to his employer immediately. I am not one to be a "snitch" but such people are detrimental to the progression of EMS and more importantly likely to hurt people with improper practices.

I would also add that it's things like this that should be subjected to QA/QI but never seems to be.

I wish the medecine concept of morbidity and mortality conferences were done in EMS with med directors present.

I would also add that it's things like this that should be subjected to QA/QI but never seems to be.

I wish the medecine concept of morbidity and mortality conferences were done in EMS with med directors present.

I doubt any hospital would deny access to an M&M meeting to any EMS person who wanted to go.

There is a reason the docs try to get out of them though.

I doubt any hospital would deny access to an M&M meeting to any EMS person who wanted to go.

There is a reason the docs try to get out of them though.

Do you believe M&M meetings are worth while? Do they become pointless complain fests dominated by people with an axe to grind?

Do you believe M&M meetings are worth while? Do they become pointless complain fests dominated by people with an axe to grind?

M&M meetings generally come in 2 types.

1. "we officially *****ed at you" QA types

2. Case review where everyone says their part QI types.

No matter what, this is a copy of a PM I sent, on how it always turns out.

The first few you go to seem like a really great idea.

After a while you notice the utter waste of time it is. No matter what is discussed or covered, neither the system nor the medical practices change.

It is like the ultimate corperate meeting. You have to go, everyone shows up, people talk, and not a damn thing changes or gets done and business goes on as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back