the 100% directionless thread

My kindle fire doesn't have any ads. I didn't pay more or less. :shrugs:

The kindle Fire HD sure does...

The lock screen is one giant advertisement.

The kindle Fire HD sure does...

The lock screen is one giant advertisement.

There's 2 types of each version of Kindle. One with "special offers," one without "special offers." You have the one with "special offers," hence the advertisements. However not all Fire HDs have special offers.

Biked 100 miles yesterday. Biked another 57 today. I need a wheelchair. :(

There's 2 types of each version of Kindle. One with "special offers," one without "special offers." You have the one with "special offers," hence the advertisements. However not all Fire HDs have special offers.

All the devices are physically the same you have to buy a $15 app in the store to opt out of advertisements but the devices interface is still less than desirable, for me anyway.

That's not normal.

You should go on "my strange addiction".

Haha I know others much worse than myself! :P Doesn't change the fact that in cramping just about every time I move my legs :( Maybe I shouldn't have pushed so hard :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I was issued full turn-out gear yesterday...and I now have my own locker at the station!

My new mountain bike is sitting at rei until i can go get it :(i wanna start breaking it in

Haha I know others much worse than myself! :P Doesn't change the fact that in cramping just about every time I move my legs :( Maybe I shouldn't have pushed so hard :P

Just wait till you have to ride the 157 miles back home tomorrow.

I was issued full turn-out gear yesterday...and I now have my own locker at the station!

Cool you should put one of those cool locker messaging systems on it like the cool kids in jr high. You know the one you got for selling 89000 candy bars :)

Cool you should put one of those cool locker messaging systems on it like the cool kids in jr high. You know the one you got for selling 89000 candy bars :)

I'm just happy I don't have to haul my gear around in my trunk anymore.
Messaging system? Hell, we actually used to talk to the people we needed to instead of messaging them. (Cell phones weren't around back then either. Yeah, I'm that old).

Homemade chili today. :beerchug:

The wife is gonna be mad tomorrow. :rofl:

You're blue.

What did you get?
Wound up getting the Novara Torero 29"... best I could afford, as I had 450 to spend and I got a pretty good discount on last years plus my 20% off member coupon for the year.
I know it's not the best, but should get me back in shape and involved in mountain biking :) Lots of trails to ride around here too, not only mountains but just standard offroad too.

First day off the truck. It feels weird knowing I don't have a 24 coming up.

I chose to do A&P as my first self study college coarse.

I have to read the book and take a 120 question all multiple choice test when I am ready. (at a testing center)

What do you think the odds of having to remember fine details like what parts of the body are made of cuboidal cells is, in a 120 question test on the entire book.

Honestly every part of the body is so complicated to take one test after reading the whole book I can't possibly remember small details like that.

Book is about 1200 pages. I'm like 150 in in like 3 days and enjoy reading it but when I read 100% of the material im probably only going to retain half of it lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back