the 100% directionless thread

Wound up getting the Novara Torero 29"... best I could afford, as I had 450 to spend and I got a pretty good discount on last years plus my 20% off member coupon for the year.
I know it's not the best, but should get me back in shape and involved in mountain biking :) Lots of trails to ride around here too, not only mountains but just standard offroad too.

Looks like a lot for $450. And its a 29er..Enjoy

Im ordering a hitch rack from REI this week. It's an 2010 Yakima closeout but the price is great.

Looks like a lot for $450. And its a 29er..Enjoy

Im ordering a hitch rack from REI this week. It's an 2010 Yakima closeout but the price is great.

I plan on it :-) looking at an in bed rack for my truck now... can't wait to start riding again

I've determined it's entirely unrealistic for me to read and remember an entire A&P book in any reasonable timeframe.

I've read 250 pages over 2 days and il never remember the detailed parts of the skull outside of the primary bones or the blood vessels in the dermis...

Il never finish if I have to remember all that. The test is 120 questions I'm not going to kill myself on this damn book!

(Good book though for referencing, martini fundamentals of A&P)

I've determined it's entirely unrealistic for me to read and remember an entire A&P book in any reasonable timeframe.

I've read 250 pages over 2 days and il never remember the detailed parts of the skull outside of the primary bones or the blood vessels in the dermis...

Il never finish if I have to remember all that. The test is 120 questions I'm not going to kill myself on this damn book!

You've got to take it in smaller chunks than that otherwise you'll kill yourself.

I've always liked to take the approach of learning things by system and it's associated anatomy. Some of the details may not be useful in the end, but others are, and it's hard to decide which. Does it really matter that you know what the sella turcica is? I don't think so, but it may be useful in knowing that is where the pituitary rests.

Try these: http://www.amazon.com/Netters-Anato...350321681&sr=8-1&keywords=anatomy+flash+cards

Is it a combined A&P or more so anatomy?

Don't just read it but outline it, write down important info and highlight, use a single color. That way when you're older; if you choose to read it again, you can hilight in a different color.

Another thing that helps me is to teach it, so get your teddy bear or wife/ GF out and teach the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I should just pay $75 and see what the practice test is like to see what I am in for on my first test.

This online schooling thing is confusing.

Edit:
Apparently its a 6 credit A&P class... $415 to register for the exam. Damn. +75 for practice test. Not too bad though considering to take it at a physical school would cost me $2500-5000.

I decided not to do the bridge program for RN. I am just going to take the regular old program. I will end up graduating at the same time.

I decided not to do the bridge program for RN. I am just going to take the regular old program. I will end up graduating at the same time.

Are you going to go straight into it after medic school?

Its around $50,000 cheaper for me to do it via internet learning and I have most of my liberal arts completed from when I actually attended school so I need to take psychology, A&P, microbio, and nursing classes to achieve by BSN.

(Mind you I don't have the ADN yet either)

I am doing it online because I don't have the time right now to physically attend school with the fire academy starting in January. When I move on to my BSN I should be settled in as a firefighter and will do half the classes online and half at the local community college. (its free at the CC)

I want A&P and microbio out of my way first though.

How do you get passed the lab requirements? At least at my school anatomy, physiology, and micro all had to be accompanied with lab hours to be taken for credit. I am pretty sure it's a requirement for all BSN schools.

It can be really hard to grasp the more complex concepts without discecting, culturing, staining, etc like you get hands on in lab.

How do you get passed the lab requirements? At least at my school anatomy, physiology, and micro all had to be accompanied with lab hours to be taken for credit. I am pretty sure it's a requirement for all BSN schools.

It can be really hard to grasp the more complex concepts without discecting, culturing, staining, etc like you get hands on in lab.

Couldn't tell you but the entire BSN is online. Did a lot of research to make sure it was a fully legitimate program and it is.

The ADN to BSN half requires in hospital clinical hours same as any school.

300 pages down... 900 to go...

Does it really matter that you know what the sella turcica is?
Are you doing any radiology?

The thing with subjects like A&P is that repetition and actual use are what's going to solidify it. No one is going to be an expert in only one course.

The thing with subjects like A&P is that repetition and actual use are what's going to solidify it. No one is going to be an expert in only one course.

Lol, no, not me.

The sella turcica was just one of those random things that stuck...

Repetition and practicality, like you said, it was works the best.

I just finished the chapter on support and movement which goes over in extreme detail the anatomy, cellular and chemical function of each type of muscle tissue and then furthermore every muscle in the body.

I skipped over that part entirely. (The every muscle part)

I get the base concepts of myofibrils and calciums role but to remember all of it will never happen. Even half of it is probably unrealistic.

That's why people spend their lives studying anatomy and physiology... I am going to read through it all the best I can, grasp all basic concepts and take the practice test with my fingers crossed hoping the don't ask obnoxious questions...

Back