the 100% directionless thread

Why is it seemingly paramedics are far less scared of neuromuscular blockers than opiates?

Because neuromuscular blockers don't alter their mental state, allowing for a refusal :P

/sarcasm

Because neuromuscular blockers don't alter their mental state, allowing for a refusal :P

/sarcasm

They can't AMA if they can't move the pen...

They can't AMA if they can't move the pen...

I suppose I should think my comments through a little more thoroughly when I haven't had my coffee yet :P

I suppose I should think my comments through a little more thoroughly when I haven't had my coffee yet :P

Well, it does alter their mental state from "Wow... this hurts... I'm having trouble breathing" to [silence] [internal monologue, "THE HECK, I CAN'T MOVE. I CAN'T BREATH. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP. WHY CAN'T I MOVE."

Well, it does alter their mental state from "Wow... this hurts... I'm having trouble breathing" to [silence] [internal monologue, "THE HECK, I CAN'T MOVE. I CAN'T BREATH. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP. WHY CAN'T I MOVE."

As always Joe, you have a very valid point. I suppose they do end up altered after the, ya know, death and all.

Is there anything in an ACLS class that isn't taught in medic?
Also would it be worth taking before medic to get a jump on the material?

I may have been doing the "gangnam style" dance with a couple of coworkers, when someone walked by the station and saw us...

14374EC4-4FFC-4DCE-A6B5-242066DAA766-3275-0000026ECB097E6D.jpg

So the Kindle Fire HD was god awful. Everything is an advertisement and you have to pay to opt out of advertisements. What a scam.

I returned it and put out another $50 for a nexus 7.

Do you have to pay to opt out of the special offers, or do you get a discount if you get one with special offers?

While I'm not familiar with the Kindle Fire, the special offers (ads) for the Kindle 3 is completely unobtrusive, unless you spend a significant amount of time staring at the cover screen or the index screen.

Do you have to pay to opt out of the special offers, or do you get a discount if you get one with special offers?

While I'm not familiar with the Kindle Fire, the special offers (ads) for the Kindle 3 is completely unobtrusive, unless you spend a significant amount of time staring at the cover screen or the index screen.

Well the main difference here is that the kindle 3, is solely a reader. The kindle fire and fire HD are tablets meant to be in the same genre as the iPad.

I switched over to an iPhone from a Droid but as the iPad is essentially a big iPhone, the droid tablets are essentially a big droid phone.

The big difference between iPhone and droid is that unless you "jailbreak"(hack) your iPhone, it is very strict in what it allows you to do and customize. This is perfect for me in a phone. Its a damn phone. If i can browse the net to look up things at work and use epocrates and make calls/text, its perfect for me. Simple is better.

But when I buy a tablet, I want a handheld computer. The iPad doesn't allow for that customization, same as an iPhone. But, the kindle fire takes it a step further and takes away ANY customization ability that did remain. For example the "lock/unlock" screen, shows a different ad every time you power on the screen. I don't want to see an ad for $30 off denim jeans when I turn on my personal device.

The iPad also does not support flash, so you can't use it fully like a computer whereas the android supports flash, powerpoint, microsoft word, adobe reader, excel, all of that. It basically functions more like a computer without a keyboard then a big phone.

The kindle fire actually is an android device, but amazon made their own customized platform of the operating system that doesn't allow you to do anything other than what they say you can.

Lastly, the droid platform allows you to make actual desktops like a computer would instead of just a big central app screen. You can make folders and all that fun stuff. It definitely has a steeper learning curve for those who aren't to avid with computers, but if you are its probably the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, soapbox time.

Droid is a series of phones produced by Motorola.
Android is an operating system produced by Google.
They are not interchangeable.

For $16 more dollars (alternatively, if you hadn't have taken the $16 discount), you could have gotten a Kindle Fire without special offers.

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-Amazon-tablet/dp/B0083Q04IQ

Yea but the actual interface of the kindle is god awful even without the adds. Rather spend $50 and get the better device.

Its very confusing to play movies and you really cant customize a thing on the kindle. Kindle also only have 60,000 apps. Androids have 600,000.

Ok, soapbox time.

Droid is a series of phones produced by Motorola.
Android is an operating system produced by Google.
They are not interchangeable.

Whatever :glare:

I'm a nerd. These things matter to us.

I don't know who just sang the National Anthem before the NLCS game 1, but you and your version sucks... and you should feel bad about it.

I don't know who just sang the National Anthem before the NLCS game 1, but you and your version sucks... and you should feel bad about it.

Haha that was horrible. I am surprised they allowed him to butcher the Anthem like that.

Lets go Cards

My kindle fire doesn't have any ads. I didn't pay more or less. :shrugs:

Back