the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
In ages past, people like BBG joined the French Foreign Legion and surrounded themselves with other male broken hearts and camels!

I suppose this is progress.

Dude! That's an excellent idea!

Obviously you've never spent any time around camels. Besides who wants to sit around listening to a bunch of guys whining about how wonderful their exs were and how they'll never find anyone like them again....now if you'll excuse me I need to go find a tall building with an unlocked roof door or a foreign legion recruiter.

What are the odds, 9 floors. Plan A and B :)

French Consulate General
777 Post Oak Blvd #600, Houston

Nah too dramatic I think I'll just go on a bender instead.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ugh I didn't do so hot in my advanced vent management section of my CCP class :(

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Warning: Vent Status

Ok so I am not trying to get into a religious debate but I can not stand when people insist on talking about religion/politics at work even when you have told them repeatedly that you do not like talking about it. I have the mentality of believe whatever you want, it's none of my business, just don't try to shove your beliefs down my throat. I actually love theological debates and discussion, i have a minor in philosohpy, but work is not the place for that. I will never criticize someone for what they believe (Ok, maybe the people who let their children die because they prayed instead of taking them to hospital) but I expect the same curtousy.

So our hospital is currently raising money for the United Way of America which involves selling T shirts for dress down days. So me and this co-worker are siting at lunch and she asks me about the T shirt so I explain what it was and she has this disgusted look on her face and starts to explain that united way donates money to planned parenthood. Ya...I know...along with donating money to around 20 other organizations. So she then proceeded to explain that 90% of the money given to PP goes to abortions :rofl: and that "I am directly responsible for murdering unborn child" and that I "should be ashamed of myself". Seriously?!! Part of me was tempted to educate her ignorant *** but I decided to responded by saying "Thank you for your insightful opinion" and walk away.

This woman also signs "P.T.L" for "Praise The Lord" after her name on everything. Like charting she will sign "Sally Sue RN, PTL". It is incredibly annoying and confuses everyone. People always ask what special certification she has <_<

Last edited by a moderator:

Veneficus

Forum Chief
This woman also signs "P.T.L" for "Praise The Lord" after her name on everything. Like charting she will sign "Sally Sue RN, PTL". It is incredibly annoying and confuses everyone. People always ask what special certification she has <_<

Just tell people she is certifiable and PTL stands for "pity the lunatic"

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
+2.

That is some grade A religious loony there.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I have a Christian background, but that's nuts.

And a few years ago when I couldn't afford my birth control to take with my metformin for my PCOS, planned parenthood was a life saver.

SMH

Anjel

Forum Angel
Also had a pastor told me planned parenthood was created by the KKK, to eliminate African Americans lol

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Isn't Obama or something looking to outlaw abortion in the US?

Because the 18 year old girl with 4 kids who never worked a day and lives off of my paycheck is clearly the more responsible and ethical move for society.

I personally think it is worse to bring a child into the world which will not be properly supported and often result in a poor quality of life for the child and ultimately ruins what may have been a promising future for the parents.

And not for nothing but nature kills off an unborn child every month...

Anj, instead of us spending all this money to support the children of these poverty living families who had a few "oops" maybe we should make birth control free...

My girlfriend doesn't work during the year with school and though I offered to pay for it $20 a month is still not cheap for many people on a tight budget.

NYC is moving to offer the "plan b" pill or free in schools.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
The pill I need for what I use birth control for is 250 a month.

Something definitely needs to be done. Like you said, having it be free before these girls get knocked up and before abortion is an option.

And before anyone says anything about what if someone is raped, that is completely different circumstances, and that's not what I'm talking about.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
The pill I need for what I use birth control for is 250 a month.

Something definitely needs to be done. Like you said, having it be free before these girls get knocked up and before abortion is an option.

And before anyone says anything about what if someone is raped, that is completely different circumstances, and that's not what I'm talking about.

$250 a month!?!?!?

Is that with health insurance?

Anjel

Forum Angel
No I dont have insurance.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
No I dont have insurance.

That stinks. Gotta find an EMS gig with benefits.

I'd say apply for medicaid but since you work for a living and contribute to society you will get denied.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
You're already on a bender, and getting bent won't do anything but delay the pain!

Damn you and your wise words :/ maybe I could delay it a little? You know just till those last few months when I'm like 90 and dribbling on myself and think everybody is tony my nurse anyway?

Anjel

Forum Angel
That stinks. Gotta find an EMS gig with benefits.

I'd say apply for medicaid but since you work for a living and contribute to society you will get denied.

My work provides it. But it's 300 a month with a 4000 dollar deductible and 50% coinsurance. It's not worth it.

And before EMS I did apply for Medicaid. I was denied and told that if I got pregnant they would be able to help me.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
My work provides it. But it's 300 a month with a 4000 dollar deductible and 50% coinsurance. It's not worth it.

And before EMS I did apply for Medicaid. I was denied and told that if I got pregnant they would be able to help me.

So they actually advocate getting pregnant on a regular basis...

Anjel

Forum Angel
That's what they told me.