the 100% directionless thread

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Almost missed the HoG reference.

The delivery of good medical care is to do as much nothing as possible.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
He isn't the yellow man unless he resits all attempts to kill him and proceeds to live for another several months.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I've decided the only sure fire way to get over my ex is to take a job in the most dangerous EMS system I can find. That's right folks I'm moving to Detroit :)

In ages past, people like BBG joined the French Foreign Legion and surrounded themselves with other male broken hearts and camels!

I suppose this is progress.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
All's quiet on Thursday night. We'll see how long this lasts.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Otis!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Reading about Sgarbossa's criteria is giving me a headache.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Pretty sure i am about to have a stroke. At my college we use the newest book, newest AHA standards, and newest NREMT standards but the students have to get and use a workbook that was written up in 2005 (it lists NG tube placement as a BLS skil...)

The EMT book wants the students to do an assessment differently then NREMT. The workbook wants them to do a different assessment from what NREMT and the new EMT book want.

Going in tomorrow to talk to the director of the program to hopefully get the old workbooks thrown out.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
In ages past, people like BBG joined the French Foreign Legion and surrounded themselves with other male broken hearts and camels!

I suppose this is progress.

Looked into it. Standards are way too high I'd never make it in lol ;)

Epi-do

I see dead people
So what about medic class then, BBG? Are you going to get into a class up there, once you are all settled in?

Epi-do

I see dead people
In the car this morning, with my son:

Son: Mom, do you know how to tell a fish is still ok to eat?
Me: Eat it as soon as you catch it?
S: Well.....yes, but what do you look at?
M: The gills
S: But what color should they be if the fish is still ok to eat?
M: Pink or red
S: Right! If they are blue, then the fish is sick. It probably has heart disease.

This was only part of the conversation, which consisted of various other fishing and hunting questions. He is going deer hunting for the first time this weekend, and is just a little bit excited.

bigbaldguy

So what about medic class then, BBG? Are you going to get into a class up there, once you are all settled in?

Sorry the Detroit thing was just a joke I'm not really moving.....yet :) I'm still in medic school here in Texas. Although the reason for doing it seems to have escaped me at the moment :/

I do think there is a move in my future though. I've been stationary too long. I'm getting bored and when I get bored I find trouble to get into.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Sorry the Detroit thing was just a joke I'm not really moving.....yet :) I'm still in medic school here in Texas. Although the reason for doing it seems to have escaped me at the moment :/

I do think there is a move in my future though. I've been stationary too long. I'm getting bored and when I get bored I find trouble to get into.

Come get in trouble here! Lol

Anjel

Forum Angel
We are taking a pt who went into cardiac arrest yesterday and vtach today to a nursing home. Nurse said he might not make it through transport

SSwain

Forum Captain
Not a single tone today.

I am hoping tonight isn't going to be the "big one"....we are due for the seemingly annual multi car pile up on the interstate.

Oh well... I start at 1800 and am on until 0600.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Not a single tone today.<br />
<br />
I am hoping tonight isn't going to be the "big one"....we are due for the seemingly annual multi car pile up on the interstate.<br />
<br />
Oh well... I start at 1800 and am on until 0600.
Im jealous. I got my *** kicked yesterday. Ten transports and three refusals in twenty four hours. Each transporting call averages two hours start to finish ...

Achilles

Forum Moron

You're moving to Detroit!?

bigbaldguy