the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
If only you could have recorded that!

I'm really hoping someone is recording all of this. If only I was more tech savvy. These kids are cracking my up. I'm listening to another kid who sounds about 8 or 9 just screaming at the screen. "YOU BOOGERS STOP SHOOTING ME YOU BUTTS". It's actually kind of uplifting because so far I haven't heard any of the really young ones use any serious profanity.

bigbaldguy

I think I failed my exam :(

Positive thoughts man. Everybody reading this think "silver passed his exam" tonight at exactly 12pm central time :)

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Positive thoughts man. Everybody reading this think "silver passed his exam" tonight at exactly 12pm central time :)

You know how when a professor tells you its easy, not in depth, and don't worry about it. Then you get to the exam and you didn't memorize any of that stuff...Yeah that happened. I know I got a handful wrong, I just need to bank on not getting more wrong that I think I got right. Lets hope the class did as poorly.

Edit: doesnt have to do with not putting in the time. I spent 26 hours in the library the 2 days before and averaged 6 hr/day for the two weeks prior.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

You know how when a professor tells you its easy, not in depth, and don't worry about it. Then you get to the exam and you did memorize any of that stuff...Yeah that happened. I know I got a handful wrong, I just need to bank on not getting more wrong that I think I got right. Lets hope the class did as poorly.

Edit: doesnt have to do with not putting in the time. I spent 26 hours in the library the 2 days before and averaged 6 hr/day for the two weeks prior.

I know you well enough to know that if you failed that test there were plenty of others who did too.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So for septic shock the reason the patient is hypotensive is due to the pathogen causing vasodilation? The prehospital treatment for it is a bolus of saline to get more fluid volume into the vascular system due to the extra space from the vasodilation?

Or am I completely lost?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm really hoping someone is recording all of this. If only I was more tech savvy. These kids are cracking my up. I'm listening to another kid who sounds about 8 or 9 just screaming at the screen. "YOU BOOGERS STOP SHOOTING ME YOU BUTTS". It's actually kind of uplifting because so far I haven't heard any of the really young ones use any serious profanity.

What game is this?

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Not gonna lie, I have zero desire to do a "gangnam style" video for our Christmas video. It seems like a ridiculous idea...if I wanted to see reposts I'd just look on the front page of Reddit...

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
So for septic shock the reason the patient is hypotensive is due to the pathogen causing vasodilation? The prehospital treatment for it is a bolus of saline to get more fluid volume into the vascular system due to the extra space from the vasodilation?

Or am I completely lost?

I hope I don't sound stupid, but it's been awhile....

Not a pathogen, but rather endotoxin release from gram-negative cells (bacteria). It's not the cell, but the toxin that gets released when they're destroyed.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Lesson for the night: an asp baton to the face will cause an open jaw fracture.

And don't run/resist when you have warrants.

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
We've just been taught needle chest decompression to use only on consult with a medical officer for tension pneuomothrax. Anyone here done many needle decompressions? is it as easy as they make out to be? we have been taught to use 14 gauge IV catheters, 2nd intercostal space, mid-clavicular line just above the 3rd rib/

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
72lbs of fluid off in 6 days on 100mg IV Lasix BID and still no drop in BNP....DaFuq?

This patient also wins the award for the biggest scrotum I have seen. :wacko:

bigbaldguy

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
So at my new job I was going through the stock room and found "ammonia inhalants"

I was curious so I cracked one like 2 feet from myself and WOW I thought my nose was melting for like 5 seconds.

Guess that's how they wake you up..:

Anjel

Forum Angel
I think I failed my exam :(

You know how when a professor tells you its easy, not in depth, and don't worry about it. Then you get to the exam and you didn't memorize any of that stuff...Yeah that happened. I know I got a handful wrong, I just need to bank on not getting more wrong that I think I got right. Lets hope the class did as poorly.

Welcome to the club. I studied my *** off for the cardio exam. Nothing that I studied was on it, and the entire class failed. I wish there was a curve.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well, this sucks. Apparently my registration got messed up, and now Bob Page's 12-lead class is sold out. :(

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Taking the promotional written test today. I had no idea what to study... So, I guess we'll just see how it goes. :)

FTO, or Paramedic First Class?