the 100% directionless thread

I am so tempted to buy this fire station converted into a house. It looks like they did a good job on the renovations. The price is steep for the area but hopefully it will sit around for a few months before I graduate and they can come down.

http://m.trulia.com/property/3030567296-3934-Enright-Ave-Saint-Louis-MO-63108?ecampaign=con_rlt_sharepropfriend_fr&eurl=www.trulia.com%2Fproperty%2F3030567296-3934-Enright-Ave-Saint-Louis-MO-63108

I was very interested in buying something similar back in the 90's. The price was dirt cheap, but was off of a VERY BUSY road and not good for sleeping.

I know exactly where that is. I used to ride my bike back that way when I worked downtown and was living in the Central West End. (my place was in Soulard, but my ex's place was in the CWE)

God, I miss STL. I'd move back in a heartbeat.

I know exactly where that is. I used to ride my bike back that way when I worked downtown and was living in the Central West End. (my place was in Soulard, but my ex's place was in the CWE)

God, I miss STL. I'd move back in a heartbeat.

I have 3 roommates so the price shouldn't be too bad. But I am assuming utilities will be expensive. We are going to go take a look this weekend. It would be perfect if I get a job at Barnes.

The fire hose light fixtures are badass

Last edited by a moderator:
As you could all brush your teeth at the same time. Great family house if you have multiple kids. I guess they removed the pole?

As you could all brush your teeth at the same time. Great family house if you have multiple kids. I guess they removed the pole?

Nope, the pole is still there and functional by the looks of it. Perfect bachelor's pad haha

Chase, that's a cool looking spot!

For the first time in my life I feel completely like an adult rather than a college kid.

Jumpstart on my career, full benefits, decent job security, everything is in my name and I spent all morning on the phone with my dad, a former coworker who is a loan officer and exchanging emails with my former debate coach who is a realtor...

The crazy part is, it looks like it's going to happen, and be the same or cheaper than renting! My lease right now is through January so nothing is going to happen until that gets closer to ending though. Right now just saving, have a down payment but I want an emergency fund of at least 10k before this adventure starts.

Just got the OK to have the EMT students insert NPAs on other EMT students. This is going to be a fun day :rofl:

Just got the OK to have the EMT students insert NPAs on other EMT students. This is going to be a fun day :rofl:

Have a garbage can ready. I don't care what anyone says npas make people gag haha.

Perfect house for abckidsmom and her kin :)

I will never understand why people like watching cars go in circles, even if the cars are pretty bad arse.

....because every once in a while a car turns right instead of left.

Have a garbage can ready. I don't care what anyone says npas make people gag haha.

We are using a slightly smaller size then what the student would actually take (to avoid the vomit).

It isn't even racing. It is a show off your very expensive cars while practicing lesson.

I love being told my shift starts at 0700 by the scheduling girl then getting an email saying "ALS crew must be on site at the garage no later than 0615"...even though it's only 45 minutes I still didn't agree to come in at 0615...I guess I can't complain when I'm getting paid to watch the Air Races.

I love being told my shift starts at 0700 by the scheduling girl then getting an email saying "ALS crew must be on site at the garage no later than 0615"...even though it's only 45 minutes I still didn't agree to come in at 0615...I guess I can't complain when I'm getting paid to watch the Air Races.

At my one job, my boss has an ugly habit of changing start times and barely telling folks. And he moves the fulltimers around to suit "operational need"

And they keep asking why I don't want to be full time.

I was very interested in buying something similar back in the 90's. The price was dirt cheap, but was off of a VERY BUSY road and not good for sleeping.

I'd love to buy one of those converted ICBM silos in North Dakota. Only problem is, well, they're in North Dakota.

How would you guys feel that you guys can't use the restroom at Starbucks without buying something first? You have a huge urge to ... and there is a huge line, you are also a frequent customer.

How would you guys feel that you guys can't use the restroom at Starbucks without buying something first? You have a huge urge to ... and there is a huge line, you are also a frequent customer.

People ask first?

Back