the 100% directionless thread

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
In a couple of months our EMS system is going to get evaluated by an outside consultant. Could mean some huge changes in the way we operate. Hopefully for the better.

Anjel

Forum Angel
In front of one of the ERs.

ad6e034c-e49e-de78.jpg

In da ghetto. No abulance parking.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
In a couple of months our EMS system is going to get evaluated by an outside consultant. Could mean some huge changes in the way we operate. Hopefully for the better.

Is Fitch the consultant? If so, it means more posting and tighter IFT scheduling. In private ambulance it's all about UHU. If you're sitting still, you're not making money for the company. Expect that to change. :)

http://fitchassoc.com/questions-uhu-explained.html

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Not in the mood to work tonight. At all. Anyone want to fill in for me?

Not particularly, but you can come work for me tonight if you want?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Is Fitch the consultant? If so, it means more posting and tighter IFT scheduling. In private ambulance it's all about UHU. If you're sitting still, you're not making money for the company. Expect that to change. :)

http://fitchassoc.com/questions-uhu-explained.html

As of right now we don't have a consultant. Every consultant who wants to do it has to write a proposal first.

And it's not just for our company. It's for our whole county. So it's going to be looking at fire departments, 911 ambulance companies, IFT ambulance companies, contracts,etc.

Pretty much our whole EMS system is being evaluated and supposed to be brought up to today's standards.

My company is a 911 service that runs a couple of BLS ambulances. The BLS units are mostly for IFT but not always. Our ALS 911 ambulances will also get ALS/BLS transports.

All units post (so we can't really post even more). We don't do the good old renal rodeo. We rarely do discharges. So we don't really have a IFT schedule. The hospitals/SNF/Doctors call and we are dispatched at that moment. Very rarely will we have a scheduled IFT call.

Our UHU can be pretty bad at times. We had 3 BLS units on yesterday in a 24 hour period and only had 3 calls in that time frame.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
I hate not having a partner. Mine is off for at least a month. And no one is picking up the shift.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

I love XKCD as much as the next fellow nerd, but it's one of those "holy crap I'm graduating from college what do I wanna do I can do anything holy crap holy crap" moments. Heck, I've plotted out possible career tracks. I've got ideas ranging from high finance to hospital administrator to epidemiologist.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I love XKCD as much as the next fellow nerd, but it's one of those "holy crap I'm graduating from college what do I wanna do I can do anything holy crap holy crap" moments. Heck, I've plotted out possible career tracks. I've got ideas ranging from high finance to hospital administrator to epidemiologist.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdyoGruec88&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I'll just leave this here....

JPINFV

Gadfly
So my IM team had to give a case presentation today on a patient who a patient that a endocrine consultant suggested had early myxadema coma. The first thing out of the new program director's mouth (however he isn't my team's attending) was, "That's not a myxedma coma because X, Y, Z, but it's an important subject, so it's going to be a good review."

FML.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
My reaction to hearing someone say "patient is on multiple medications for different diagnoses'" during a HEAR report.
a69359a1-7d7d-2325.jpg

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I am gonna do it!

Anjel

Forum Angel