the 100% directionless thread

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Tastykake pies rule.

That is all.

And for those of you who have never had one, you need to come to the Philly area and try one. I'm just lucky that we have 'em here in Delaware.

And Wawa. I LOVE Wawa. Give me a Tastykake pastry and a slurpee from Wawa, and I'm one happy camper.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Money, thank you. I guess I could have looked under the hood before going on a wild goose chase seeing as they are labeled and all... :p

Seems like it's the ignition coil for that cylinder...cleared the code and swapped the coils from #2 and #4 we will have to wait and see if the misfire follows the coil.

If that isn't it next is spark plugs, then injectors then a valve...I'm hoping it's early on in my list, I really don't want to have to open the heads up.

Spark plugs are for Wusses! Glow plugs are where it's at :p

What kind of vehicle is it?

Achilles

Forum Moron
I'm curious what people who volley or do EMS PT do outside of EMS for work.

Also: now half-studying for the GMAT and watching mindless movies. So. Very. Mindless.

Small business owners, employees at other companies, employees in other parts of the town or city they are a volunteer in. A paid ff at another FD, and a ton of other things!

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I'm curious what people who volley or do EMS PT do outside of EMS for work.

Also: now half-studying for the GMAT and watching mindless movies. So. Very. Mindless.

Masked avenger. My specialty is fighting arch criminals with unusual deformities. Two heads, a third arm, freckles that spell things out. Stuff like that.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Until you have to do any kind of repair on them. An oil change at the local shop is $29.95 (a lot of other stuff added into the oil change). That same shop for a diesel is around the $801-$100.

And you don't have the lag time with gas engines ;)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

It's a Jeep.

My old nitro RC truck had a glow plug haha

I would love to have a big diesel truck but I have absolutely no need for one. The Jeep tows just fine, if I have to replace it a newish Access Cab Tacoma is high on my list.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Masked avenger. My specialty is fighting arch criminals with unusual deformities. Two heads, a third arm, freckles that spell things out. Stuff like that.

I thought you liked to run out of the cockpit and yell "is anyone here a pilot?!" with a really worried look on your face. :D

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

......must.. resist...temptation....dont...anger the CL's.....:D

Wise choice...

but I must confess I chuckled at that one.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Until you have to do any kind of repair on them. An oil change at the local shop is $29.95 (a lot of other stuff added into the oil change). That same shop for a diesel is around the $801-$100.

And you don't have the lag time with gas engines ;)

Little off on oil changes, it's about 150 here, that's because of the filter and 15 qts of oil.
Lag time: it's meant for towing not racing, if you want to eliminate lag buy a chip. I do landscaping and snowplowing so a diesel is good for me because of weight when plowing and towing when landscaping. (although I've gone over weight a few times) :/

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I switched the coil on plug between the #2 and #4 cylinder and now it's driving like a champ... I don't get it. I guess I'll wait until it happens again and pull the code. I'm hoping its either the coil on plug or the spark plug otherwise it might get a tad more expensive and complicated.

From what I've read if it isn't the coil, the plug or the injector it's one of the valves hanging up and that'll pretty much ruin my day. If that's the case I may be in the market for a new set of wheels, I've already put too much money into this thing and tearing into the valvetrain wont be cheap or easy. The Tacomas are pretty nice though :D

Yeah if it winds up being a valve issue I'd flip it for something else. Not worth putting that much into a Jeep.

A Tacoma with stage 2 Icon suspension, 33s and a front locker will go anywhere you'd ever want. Toyotas with slightly longer travel IFS are quickly closing the gap with SFA trucks off road performance wise.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Ahhh...tooo muuccchh mechanic talllk.

Brain is melllllttttttiiiinnnnggggg.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Anyone hear about that shooting at the movie theater in Colorado? That must have been a horrible scene. Praying for all the victims and responders.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
So today I find out an industrial health company is paying EMTBs $60k a year to be oil field "Hydration Technicians"....Water Boys

And what does the water boy do???

He makes sure the oil rig guys are hydrating and tracks their PO fluid intake.

Can I be an EMTB again?

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
So today I find out an industrial health company is paying EMTBs $60k a year to be oil field "Hydration Technicians"....Water Boys

And what does the water boy do???

He makes sure the oil rig guys are hydrating and tracks their PO fluid intake.

Can I be an EMTB again?

Downside: You're stuck in a boring camp, miles away from civilization, with nothing to do and surrounded by other men with not a woman to be seen.

I might have to work the rigs for some "experience" (if you can call it that), but I definitely don't want to make it a long term thing - even despite making truckloads of cash.