the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
At least it's a dry heat... unless you're down at the Salton Sea.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My work week....

aeeb4020-2c2e-1ae7.jpg

Alright I'll stop complaining about the 98 degrees that I'm working in.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Oh. Good. God.

Say what you will, but there are definite advantages to living north of the 49th parallel. Specifically, my skin doesn't ever come close to bubbling. :blink:

Going to be 106 here tomorrow, with thunderstorms and severe lightning to ignite all the sage brush...and I'm near the 47th.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I have an android phone. I kinda wanted something different.

What are you gonna do with it? I have a fire and love it for reading and movies and stuff like that when I'm at work.

I have an iPhone, I don't really need a bigger iPhone that doesn't make calls. :) kindle fire was a no brainer for me.

Anjel

Forum Angel
What are you gonna do with it? I have a fire and love it for reading and movies and stuff like that when I'm at work.

I have an iPhone, I don't really need a bigger iPhone that doesn't make calls. :) kindle fire was a no brainer for me.

Well...i am getting an iphone in september.

I mainly just want it for playing on the internet and watching movies at work.

I guess I am confused as to what a ipad can do that a kindle cannot.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Well...i am getting an iphone in september.

I mainly just want it for playing on the internet and watching movies at work.

I guess I am confused as to what a ipad can do that a kindle cannot.

If you plan on reading on it you can't beat a kindle if you plan on doing anything else then an Ipad is the way to go.

Anjel

Forum Angel
If you plan on reading on it you can't beat a kindle if you plan on doing anything else then an Ipad is the way to go.

I am sorry I am slow lol

So by anything else.

Do you mean internet, movies, etc.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Sitting in yet another BLS CPR Class (my 10th recert to date, I believe). I know full well the science behind the nearly-annual changes in the guidelines, but damn, I hate erasing my memory banks; "forget what you knew... do it this way", and then in 2 years: "Forget what we said was the 'right way' two years ago... this is better!" My head hurts...

My head hurts too.....but for an entirely different reason.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
At least it's a dry heat... unless you're down at the Salton Sea.

I'd much rather have the dry heat over humid heat (one of the reasons I don't like beach cities).

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief

I've been considering a tablet too, and this is what I'm thinking as well. Are the integration aspects worth getting an iPad to go with an iPhone, or is it too repetitive to have both?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Not sure if I posted this or not. Had a cool encounter a few weeks ago in a City ambulance bay. There was a student with a Philly Fire crew. Young(ish), clean cut... wearing a standard clinical uniform (polo, navy pants), and tan boots. Turns out, he was doing his ride time for NREMT-P as part of the Pararescue training program.

I've heard OF the students - never met one. From what I hear, as a whole, they are very smart and motivated.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Not sure if I posted this or not. Had a cool encounter a few weeks ago in a City ambulance bay. There was a student with a Philly Fire crew. Young(ish), clean cut... wearing a standard clinical uniform (polo, navy pants), and tan boots. Turns out, he was doing his ride time for NREMT-P as part of the Pararescue training program.

I've heard OF the students - never met one. From what I hear, as a whole, they are very smart and motivated.

And a pain to do clinicals with. They do initial EMT-P training here in ABQ (As I mentioned to you lol)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Why would they be a pain?

Because they are in a hospital for skills alone. While I might be in the room assessing a patient, they will come in, start a line, and leave. Whereas a student from one of the other schools (CNM or EMS Academy of UNM SOM)will see I'm doing an assessment and talking to the patient and let me have first dibs on line. It's one of those little things of how they are trained and interact with non PJ students. Great guys though, I've spent more than a few nights that I don't remember out at bars with them.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Worked until 0430, caught a late call that took our actual EOS to 5. Realized driving to said late call that I have to be at school today by 0900 for a class photo and NREMT practical practice then realized that I have to be back at work at 1630 for a 12 hour shift...

Ah medic school how I'm so ready to be finished. 4 more days!

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Saw some FF's with their rig pulled over to the side of the road, lights on, replacing some woman's flat tire.

I REALLY hope that they stopped on their own accord and she wasn't just using 911 as roadside assistance.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
We do that all the time :p A few months ago we stopped to help an old guy mow his lawn in the heat :D