the 100% directionless thread

I like turtles

I love coming home to my roommate an some close friends totally belligerent. No I'm serious I really do. It's quite hilarious.

No Vegas for me but I'm tentatively headed to big sur for a couple days of camping then for sure to Santa Clara for my friend's graduation in two weeks. After my internship finishes.

I'm gonna take a guess they got some bicarbonate

No bicarbonate they should be given fluids and their creatine levels should be checked, if they have zero renal function they should start dialysis ASAP.

Yes he was. He had normal kidney function but liver was wacked lol we admitted him for constant fluid. He did a cross fit workout 36 hr prior

Kinda random and off topic, but I'm watching MTV series Teen Wolf On demand.
:P

No bicarbonate they should be given fluids and their creatine levels should be checked, if they have zero renal function they should start dialysis ASAP.

I'll have to look at the latest data out there, even up to a couple of years ago it was pretty common for these folks to get bicarb in their fluids.

Finally starting medic class next month. I know its not the greatest idea, but its mostly teach yourself with 3 days a month of classroom. I know its gonna be hard but Its the only way to do it without having the worst work schedule ever.

How many awkward things can you find in this picture?

6c002307-ce83-ec6f.jpg

2 sets of leg belts, and the arm rest isn't up?

2 sets of leg belts, and the arm rest isn't up?

Exactly. And the torso strap isn't connected, it's just hanging off the side.

Also no sheet covering the patient.

Pants are pulled down and on backwards

The oompa loompa's hands are all normal colored! Wrf!

I don't think the hospitals here have kept a patient at all today. I left my station at 0800 this morning and am just now getting back at 0400, and I'm supposed to work another 12 this morning :/

Yes he was. He had normal kidney function but liver was wacked lol we admitted him for constant fluid. He did a cross fit workout 36 hr prior

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure someone in rhabdo with a CK that high wouldn't have normal kidney function.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sitting at the station, writing a paper for class.

However...

I am much more interested in the bowl of Honey Comb I am snaffling down.

Education be damned! It's breakfast time!

Back