the 100% directionless thread

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Just had. 20 yo f try and escape. She slipped out of one and restraint and tried to release the other. Had my partner pull over and come back. She got her arm pulled behind her head for a bit. I really wish we had better restraints.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Just had. 20 yo f try and escape. She slipped out of one and restraint and tried to release the other. Had my partner pull over and come back. She got her arm pulled behind her head for a bit. I really wish we had better restraints.

Don't forget triangle bandages make great soft restraints.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
RIP Whitney Houston

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief

Curious how you restrain your patients. Best method for me is with legs crossed and one arm up by their head and the other next to their hip. That way they can never get true leverage.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Bob67

Forum Probie
We had our first trauma assessment class. Lets just say it is good we have 3 more months of practicals. :sad:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Curious how you restrain your patients. Best method for me is with legs crossed and one arm up by their head and the other next to their hip. That way they can never get true leverage.

Restraining cross legged just sounds way too uncomfortable.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Restraining cross legged just sounds way too uncomfortable.

Yeah. To bad we can't go back to the days of placing them between two stokes baskets.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

4 soft velcrow restraints. 1 on each ankle that extend their legs flat. 1 on each wrist placed down by the hips. Plus the normal gurney seatbelts.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Firefite has it. This lady got her arm above her head for a while until she calmed down, then I put it back at her side.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Productive day... Lets see if the next few hours of unconsciousness will be as productive...

Sasha

Forum Chief
WTF. HOW CAN YOU COME TO WORK WITH A BROKEN HAND AND NOT TELL ANYONE. NOW I HAVE TO DO ALL THE LIFTING. #%@?!*@%@&!*!:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:&@-!&!)@*$*@-!*!*@:censored::censored::censored:%!%!$!$!$!$

Sasha

Forum Chief
Or not. I'm calling super. This is ridiculous.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Me thinks sahsa is a tad bit peeved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Me thinks sahsa is a tad bit peeved.

A bit beyond peeved. It's inconsiderate and immature to do that to your partner. Then we were loading a stretcher into an airplane and her hand FAILED. She dropped her side.

Last edited by a moderator: