the 100% directionless thread

medic417

The Truth Provider
Some people are complete morons. That is all. Now return to your directionless banter.

medic417

The Truth Provider

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Thanks n7! That's very helpful. Studying OB/GYN is giving me brain cramps!

Here's my Paramedic OB class in a nutshell:

Babies come outta the Hoo Hoo. If it doesn't stop bleeding, massage the fundus and drive faster. If the foot or arm comes out first, drive faster. Breech? Make a airway with your fingers in the Hoo Hoo and drive faster. If the cord is prolapsed, keep it damp, mama is buns up kneeling and... you guessed it... drive faster. Nuchal cord? Cut and clamp. Remember where you keep the APGAR chart, cuz nobody ever remembers that stuff. Oh, Pitocin is good if you carry it. If not, oh well. Class dismissed.

JPINFV

Gadfly
So apparently it's faster to ship a book from England than it is for Riverside Court to put the results of a traffic court trial into their system.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Here's my Paramedic OB class in a nutshell:

Babies come outta the Hoo Hoo. If it doesn't stop bleeding, massage the fundus and drive faster. If the foot or arm comes out first, drive faster. Breech? Make a airway with your fingers in the Hoo Hoo and drive faster. If the cord is prolapsed, keep it damp, mama is buns up kneeling and... you guessed it... drive faster. Nuchal cord? Cut and clamp. Remember where you keep the APGAR chart, cuz nobody ever remembers that stuff. Oh, Pitocin is good if you carry it. If not, oh well. Class dismissed.

Hoo haw not Hoo Hoo ;)

That's about how my lecture went too.

Side note I found out I get first pick on clinicals cause I'm ranked número UNO wooooohooooooo not having to worry about bartering to make them work with my schedule

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
Dear OEMS,
I would really like it, love it actually, if you would stop being the bane of my CE existence. All I want is a simple "yes" or "no". That's it. And an updated card with the correct spelling of my name. Which I requested 3 weeks ago. Please and thank you.

jgaddis82

Forum Crew Member
Ob/gyn

n7- you forgot to mention that the umbilical is not a bungee cord. And if you drop the baby, fake a seizure.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Kids ( esp neonates) don't have great vascular control and can't really increase inotropy as a way of compensation. As such, HR is the only way to increase cardiac output.

A bradycardic kid is a decompensating kid.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
True, but baby catching is a BLS skill. I'll be in the airway seat, out of the way of the effluent.

Which is why I've never understood the desire of some people in EMS wanting to change the census in their ambulance. When it's all said and done, somebody has to clean it up. :blink:

Epi-do

I see dead people
Four words that will make even the laziest/slowest firefighter move at the speed if light: "The baby is crowning."

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
'Whiff Test" stage two: then you look at the slide under a microscope. If it has fungus as well or primarily, you will see the cellulose filaments of hyphae, since they resist the KOH while the KOH dissolves any proteinaceous material, as well as the chrome on your microscope objective's nosepiece. Or the tips of your fingers, or corneas.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
c6e4ded3-b266-a8f4.jpg

It's a good day off

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I was going to stay away for a while, but instead I'm just scaling back. Sorry all.

Rettsani

Forum Captain
I'm back... The few hours at the team meeting was quite exhausting. My head smokes and my muscles hurt. We had to vacate the equipment vehicles completely empty and check. This year we have many big events.
After the equipment check, we then have BLS / ALS trained...
I do not like to see more ..... algorithms :huh:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I got to transport a pair of shoes and a hat to the hospital today. No patient just his shoes and hat.

He was in a car accident 20 mins earlier and our medic crew who responded to him accidentally let his shoes and hat on scene.

Rettsani

Forum Captain
I got to transport a pair of shoes and a hat to the hospital today. No patient just his shoes and hat.

He was in a car accident 20 mins earlier and our medic crew who responded to him accidentally let his shoes and hat on scene.

That sounds very motivating. :huh:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
12 hours at the station and we left three times. Two cancellations and a trip to the grocery store.

Relief shows up, I hand them keys, pager and radio...

beep beep beep beep beep

"Cardiac arrest with CPR in progress"

That's a bad start to the night. I hope karma doesn't pay me back tomorrow night, cuz I'll admit I was snickering a little as I drove out of the lot...