Super Size Me: The EMS Diet

ECC

Forum Captain
Originally posted by CodeSurfer+May 18 2005, 02:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CodeSurfer @ May 18 2005, 02:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by medicrn2b05@May 17 2005, 09:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-emtchicky156
@Mar 21 2005, 09:27 AM
The hospital we usually transport to has a fridge in the bay with sandwhichs, chips ect free to ems. It's not always the best tasting, but is far better then fast food.

Your hospital gives you food? Ours want even give us linen.
The hospital gives us dirty looks for bringing another patient they will have to leave in the hall. [/b][/quote]
For each dirty look there is another skell (denizen of the streets for the Politically Sensitive in the crowd ;) ) that I can find that needs a warm bed and a samwich.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by ECC+May 18 2005, 03:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ECC @ May 18 2005, 03:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by CodeSurfer@May 18 2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by medicrn2b05@May 17 2005, 09:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-emtchicky156
@Mar 21 2005, 09:27 AM
The hospital we usually transport to has a fridge in the bay with sandwhichs, chips ect free to ems. It's not always the best tasting, but is far better then fast food.

Your hospital gives you food? Ours want even give us linen.

The hospital gives us dirty looks for bringing another patient they will have to leave in the hall.
For each dirty look there is another skell (denizen of the streets for the Politically Sensitive in the crowd ;) ) that I can find that needs a warm bed and a samwich. [/b][/quote]
amen!

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
LOL, skell is such a city thing... almost everyone Alex talks about is a skell ;)

emtal233

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by rescuecpt@May 18 2005, 09:09 PM
LOL, skell is such a city thing... almost everyone Alex talks about is a skell ;)
There are a good portion of somewhat good people in the area I cover, but yeah there is quite a few skells out there.... :D

ECC

Forum Captain
Brother, Skells are everywhere, you do not even have to look all that hard! ;)

Nikki320

Forum Probie
I just joined this site, so i don't know if you guys are still posting on the original topic. But if so.. I don't eat fast food i take everything with me and i pack it in one of those mini coolers! I bring lots of water, a protein bar, yogurt, a sandwich or 2, some egg whites or sometimes some soy chips. I try to stay pretty healthy, so no fast food for me!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by Nikki320@Jul 1 2005, 09:14 PM
I just joined this site, so i don't know if you guys are still posting on the original topic.
Don't worry about it. We get sidetracked all the time, and yet still manage to get back on track.

Welcome to our own little corner of dysfunction, and please introduce yourself.

vtemti

Forum Captain
Originally posted by emtchicky156@Mar 21 2005, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't even dare. Our hospital usually has the coffee on, but you take your chances even with that. :ph34r:

Welcome to you also, nikki320. Most of us are harmless.

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
does KKK1822 specify ambulances be taller than McD's drivethroughs ?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Stevo@Jul 2 2005, 11:16 AM
Dunno, probably..... Umm.... TTLWHKR, you have been paged.

Jon

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Jul 5 2005, 02:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Jul 5 2005, 02:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Stevo@Jul 2 2005, 11:16 AM
Dunno, probably..... Umm.... TTLWHKR, you have been paged.

Jon [/b][/quote]
LOL :lol:

007medic

Forum Lieutenant
Sorry to bring this back to the top guys and gals, but I just got a chance to read all of the posts. It would be great to have a wawa here. About the only 24 hour anything we have is McD's drive-through, Wal-Mart, and 2 gas stations that I hate going into even in the daylight. I promise there is nothing sanatairy about them. Couldn't tell you about the bathrooms though, never been in them. When you wear gloves to open the door, you know something is wrong. Heck, we don't even have a Wendy's! We are extatic if we get a X-Fer to the city close to dinner-time, so we can grab Wendy's!

vtemti

Forum Captain
Originally posted by Stevo@Jul 2 2005, 11:16 AM
Ya know all it would take is one time through and it would be custom fit! :D

vtemti

Forum Captain
Originally posted by vtemti+Jul 12 2005, 04:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vtemti @ Jul 12 2005, 04:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Stevo@Jul 2 2005, 11:16 AM
Ya know all it would take is one time through and it would be custom fit! :D [/b][/quote]
but Stevo, please don't try this at home. You must be a profesional (driver) and that is something you're not!!!!! :ph34r:

pfmedic

Forum Lieutenant
There is absolutely no reason to eat fast food whatsoever. You can pack your lunch and feel good about doing it. Then you can control your food intake.

However, there are ways around eating unhealthy at most fast food places these days. If your partner with the belly the size of texas wants to go to Arby's and cries and cries until you go, order a market fresh sandwich hold the mayo, and one day, you can run a code on him. Cool.

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
I dont eat fast food...doesnt sit well. My Mom never cooked a lot of fried foods so french fries and the like (which sucks) makes me ill...gassy and the like and usually comes up... but the market fresh sandwiches yuuuuuum... actually I want to try the Arby's Rueban. But I agree with whats been said pick a healthy lunch something that will assure you can run up the stairs later.... When I worked K9 We had a guy on the department that was a distant relative of Shamu the whale...had more crack then the grandcanyon.... anyway having to run a guy down on foot he stopped leaned on a fence with,"go ahead guys Ill be right behind you"

want to hear the sad thing? we had pt fitness run required, he ran the mile and a half...crossed...got time and had a heartattck...I and another worked on him until the ambulance arrived he didnt make it... contrary to popular belief a lot of fastfood and obesity does kill....

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
I like some fast food, Like the mcdonalds egg sausage and cheese mcgriddle, I'm addicted to those, but usually when we have to get fast food, I like Wendy's and Subway, the rest just feel like I'm eating greese, and I'm afraid of what is it they use as "meat." I know I've never been able to make ground beef look like that.

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
I LOVE the sausage and egg mcgriddle...but after I eat it I regret it....last night I went to zaxbys had the chicken tenders and fried mushrooms...I* regretted it shortly after but it tasted SOOOOOOOO good.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by pfmedic@Dec 4 2005, 03:34 PM
There is absolutely no reason to eat fast food whatsoever.
Um, yes there is... it tastes good (at least some people think so).