Super Size Me: The EMS Diet

rescuejew

Forum Lieutenant
ok, I know Im way out of the loop in this forum

(All Mcdonalds all the time for me mostly, but since I only eat once a day, it doesnt hurt that much... ;)

JON: whats a WaWa???, ive heard several people talking about it, we dont have em here...

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Wawa is a convenience store, similar to 7/11 or Stop-N-Go.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt@May 8 2005, 12:43 PM
Wawa is a convenience store, similar to 7/11 or Stop-N-Go.
Erika,

I guess there are a few Wawas up your way, then?

I live about 20 minutes from Wawa world Headquarters.

Here in Southeastern PA, Wawa isn't "just" a convience store. It is a gas station. It is the place with THE BEST coffee in town. It is the local Dairy store, a place with reasonably-priced milk, fresh from the Wawa dairy. They have their own line of Ice Tea (great stuff) and they supply the milk and tea to local scout camps, schools, hospitals, cafiterias, resturants, etc. Every store is a 24x7 hoagie shops, with hot soups, side dishes, and now even "hot bowls" of food. Quite a few of them are "where to go" to find local cops from 3 of 4 different towns.

My township has 2 large Wawas, one with 12, and one with 20 gas pumps. one is NEXT DOOR to the firehouse, and the other is on the other end of town, down the street from my house.

My EMS squad has 4 or 5 in our first run area, including one about a quarter-mile from the station.

Wawa is more than a store... It is a way of life (espically when you work midnights)

Jon

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
LOL, the Wawa's I know are in Jersey, and not as large and wonderful as the ones you so lovingly described.

I'm glad you've found such bliss in your life. :p

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow..I can almost hear the orchestra playing as Jon describes his beloved WaWa. I sure wish we has something like that here.

Here we have Tom Thumbs. With about 8-10 pumps each. Theres the normal convienience store stuff. Milk is usually on sale. They have cutsie touristy type toys and gifts. And Hot Dogs, Egg Rolls, and Sausages. For $1.99 you can get a Hot Dog, bag of chips, and a 32 oz drink. But not between about 11p and 4a. They don't cook 'em then. The bathrooms are dark. Probably so your not afraid to sit on the pot. But there is toilet paper. And they have Blue Bell ice cream. Yep, Tom Thumb....Not nearly as magical as the WaWa sounds....but its all we have.

Margaritaville

Forum Lieutenant
Wawa's are great here too. Cheapest gas in town too. Alsways beats everyone else by a couple of cents. I am eating a wawa turkey sandwich while I am typing this!

Gotta give em credit - they feed all of us!

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
We have Road Rangers.

Wawa, what a name. I have never heard of it.

rescuejew

Forum Lieutenant
We have a WaWa road in Durham....but we get our slightly burnt-tasting coffee at the BP station. Theres more of those than anything, but they still suck. Maybe I'll just sit back and yearn for a WaWa...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
WaWa is the indian name for a canada goose in one of the local indian groups - think maybe Lenni-Lenape, not sure... That's why the logo always had a goose in it...

Jon

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
WaWa..Lmao, that's the last name I'd pick for.....anything.

We have BP here, it's usually synonomus with a Hess station. They sell the cheapest ciggarettes, and fair on the gas prices (not that gas prices are fair at all)

Circle K used to be good, but it's the main crack-w&8re hangout now.

ECC

Forum Captain
I have found that nothing beats the convience of Mickey D's on your corner (there was one on Fulton and Throop Avenues in the Borough of Broklyn) but there is no denying the major drawback and that is a tremendous increase in my waistline!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by ECC@May 12 2005, 07:19 PM
I have found that nothing beats the convience of Mickey D's on your corner (there was one on Fulton and Throop Avenues in the Borough of Broklyn) but there is no denying the major drawback and that is a tremendous increase in my waistline!
Wendy's 99 cent menu. 'nough said. :)

ECC

Forum Captain
Originally posted by Chimpie+May 12 2005, 09:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chimpie @ May 12 2005, 09:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ECC@May 12 2005, 07:19 PM
Wendy's 99 cent menu. 'nough said. :) [/b][/quote]
I am obviously dating myself, but Ol' Dave was not real popular in the Ghetto in the early 90's...and who heard of value?!?!? ;)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by ECC+May 12 2005, 10:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ECC @ May 12 2005, 10:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Chimpie@May 12 2005, 09:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ECC
@May 12 2005, 07:19 PM

I am obviously dating myself, but Ol' Dave was not real popular in the Ghetto in the early 90's...and who heard of value?!?!? ;) [/b][/quote]
Dave....Dave.....Daavveeeessss nooootttt Heeeerrreee......

Jon

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+May 12 2005, 08:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ May 12 2005, 08:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ECC@May 12 2005, 10:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ECC

I am obviously dating myself, but Ol' Dave was not real popular in the Ghetto in the early 90's...and who heard of value?!?!? ;)

Jon [/b][/quote]
Jon,

You've really got to stop listening to those Cheech & Chong albums you have. They'll warp your brain...

Sorry, I forgot who I was talking about for a minute. ;)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+May 12 2005, 10:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ May 12 2005, 10:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ECC@May 12 2005, 10:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ECC

Jon [/b][/quote]
that hurt :angry: :( :( :(

Jon

ECC

Forum Captain
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@May 12 2005, 10:12 PM

Jon
My point exactly.

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by Chimpie+May 12 2005, 09:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chimpie @ May 12 2005, 09:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ECC@May 12 2005, 07:19 PM
Wendy's 99 cent menu. 'nough said. :) [/b][/quote]
I'll second that.

medicrn2b05

Forum Ride Along
Originally posted by emtchicky156@Mar 21 2005, 09:27 AM
The hospital we usually transport to has a fridge in the bay with sandwhichs, chips ect free to ems. It's not always the best tasting, but is far better then fast food.
Your hospital gives you food? Ours want even give us linen.

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
Originally posted by medicrn2b05+May 17 2005, 09:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (medicrn2b05 @ May 17 2005, 09:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-emtchicky156@Mar 21 2005, 09:27 AM
The hospital we usually transport to has a fridge in the bay with sandwhichs, chips ect free to ems. It's not always the best tasting, but is far better then fast food.
Your hospital gives you food? Ours want even give us linen. [/b][/quote]
The hospital gives us dirty looks for bringing another patient they will have to leave in the hall.