Pulled thread

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Would it be possible to make a brief announcement when a thread is pulled or deleted, with an explanation of why? It is kind of frustrating to have a thread that you were involved in or posted in disappear, without any explanation or discussion.

medic417

The Truth Provider
What when did that happen? I do not recall seeing it occur.

VentMedic

Forum Chief

It has happened at least twice in the past few weeks. The one I remember best is the thread about the flight poem that got pulled.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
I thought they just locked threads and maybe deleted one or two posts on the topics.

JPINFV

Gadfly
It's probably my fault for posting "IBLT" after a bunch of people posted a bunch of attack posts that served no purpose other than attacking the program. I'm not saying that the program didn't deserve to be attacked because it seems like it's exploiting students to make up for manpower (and thus compromising the student's overall education), but there's a line someplace that, in my opinion, a lot of posts crossed. However, what could have been a good example of 'how not to post' is now in Davey Jone's trash bin.

OP
OP
medichopeful

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic

It wasn't a thread I started, but rather one I had posted in. It was the one about cleaning an ambulance. It has just disappeared.

OP
OP
medichopeful

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
It has happened at least twice in the past few weeks. The one I remember best is the thread about the flight poem that got pulled.

Yep, that was one of them. But at least an announcement was made.

OP
OP
medichopeful

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
It's probably my fault for posting "IBLT" after a bunch of people posted a bunch of attack posts that served no purpose other than attacking the program. I'm not saying that the program didn't deserve to be attacked because it seems like it's exploiting students to make up for manpower (and thus compromising the student's overall education), but there's a line someplace that, in my opinion, a lot of posts crossed. However, what could have been a good example of 'how not to post' is now in Davey Jone's trash bin.

Do you mean IBTL? I have never heard of IBLT.

And yes, I was one of those people. But I don't think it was too bad (minor comment about it not having technical rescue training).

It would be nice to know WHY a thread was pulled, as it just seems to secretive.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
inb4 *poof*

On a more serious note, where are these announcements going to go? In the unfortunate threads?

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Yea.. IBTL... I think the black helicopters took it.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Yea.. IBTL... I think the black helicopters took it.
IBTL!!!! (always wanted to say that.) I think my dog took it. She tends to take random things and try to play fetch with them.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
From the Community Rules with relevant parts highlighted.

The basic ground rules for discussions on our forum are simple: be polite, use common sense, don't break the law and don't post any message that even hints at advertising. We don't intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within posts, but we will enforce the policies outlined both here, on the Guidelines page and on the Forum. We reserve the right to remove, modify or move posts at our discretion and without explanation.

We don't intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within posts, but we will enforce the policies outlined here. We reserve the right to remove, modify or move posts at our discretion and without explanation. If a thread or post of yours gets deleted by one of our Community Leaders, it means it was deleted for a violation of the policies of the forum - do not repost it

JPINFV

Gadfly
Just because you can and reserve the right doesn't necessarily mean that you should. Transparency is a good thing.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
First we attempt to edit threads and remove inappropriate posts, but that's not always possible when a majority of the thread is one attack after another. When a whole thread is removed it doesn't make sense to post an announcement that it was removed. If a portion of the thread remains than most likely a CL will post a message in the thread.

That's our current system, what do you propose?

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
I just don't see the need to pull threads and delete posts. We're all adults here, or close enough anyway. Whats ganna happen if a thread where an argument happened stays in the public eye? Is it ganna poison or innocent young minds?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I just don't see the need to pull threads and delete posts. We're all adults here, or close enough anyway. Whats ganna happen if a thread where an argument happened stays in the public eye? Is it ganna poison or innocent young minds?
That's a valid point, but personal attacks, advertising, and other rules violations just aren't allowed on the site. If someone used a marker to write a bad word on my ambulance I wouldn't just let it stay for the shift's entirety. I'd clean if off and report it.

We don't intend to allow posts that violate our community rules. Sometimes we can edit a post, but often it's necessary to remove a post or series of posts.

Summit

Critical Crazy
You all know how I feel...

and IBTL

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
First we attempt to edit threads and remove inappropriate posts, but that's not always possible when a majority of the thread is one attack after another. When a whole thread is removed it doesn't make sense to post an announcement that it was removed. If a portion of the thread remains than most likely a CL will post a message in the thread.

That's our current system, what do you propose?

On some of the other forums I visit, the thread is deleted so no one can see the title or the posts that was in it. It gives a reason for the deletion though. I'd like to see that, instead of just outright removing it like it never existed.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
That method wouldn't work with our current system, because we don't actually delete the posts or threads. What we do is basically remove them from being viewable by the general membership although the CL's can still access them.

OP
OP
medichopeful

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
inb4 *poof*

On a more serious note, where are these announcements going to go? In the unfortunate threads?

The moderators could just delete everything in the thread, and just make a brief announcement before locking it. It doesn't have to disappear.