Pulled thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The moderators could just delete everything in the thread, and just make a brief announcement before locking it. It doesn't have to disappear.

Again, we don't actually delete anything here. We just make it so the members can't see it. So we would have to create a new thread just to say we removed a thread...

OP
OP
medichopeful

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
First we attempt to edit threads and remove inappropriate posts, but that's not always possible when a majority of the thread is one attack after another. When a whole thread is removed it doesn't make sense to post an announcement that it was removed. If a portion of the thread remains than most likely a CL will post a message in the thread.

That's our current system, what do you propose?

Why doesn't it make sense? It lets everybody know the thread was closed and why the thread was closed. Plus, an announcement would make it less secretive. I am not a fan of threads just disappearing. I may be alone, but I don't think I am.

Maybe you could hide all the posts except for one, and edit that to say why the thread was closed. Or maybe a brief message could be put in the "suggestions" section or the "announcement" section.

Last edited by a moderator:

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't remember anything nasty going on in the ambulance cleaning thread? I had been in ther eand posted a few times on how we clean our rigs and others had too, was it one of those situations in which it turned ugly in a matter of hours and we got 7 pages of nasty? And if so, wny not delete the 7 pages in the end? We had some good discussion in the first few pages!

Katie

Forum Lieutenant
"We reserve the right to remove, modify or move posts at our discretion and without explanation."

it says it up front. it's not like it's some big secret or some sort of clandestine conspiracy. if you don't like it no one is forcing you to put up with it. my two cents.

JPINFV

Gadfly
So I guess that people who violate EULA software agreements shouldn't complain either (although people who blantantly share music with lots of people on P2P networks deserve to be sued).

Sasha

Forum Chief
Why doesn't it make sense? It lets everybody know the thread was closed and why the thread was closed. Plus, an announcement would make it less secretive. I am not a fan of threads just disappearing. I may be alone, but I don't think I am.

Maybe you could hide all the posts except for one, and edit that to say why the thread was closed. Or maybe a brief message could be put in the "suggestions" section or the "announcement" section.

If anyone reads the threads prior to deletion or lock, it's pretty obvious WHY they are gone.

Sasha

Forum Chief
The fight poem thread was not that obvious for deletion. It had some good information from several forum members.

It melted down into fighting.

That being said, there are threads I wish would be deleted BEFORE they get a chance to get into fighting. The "Wah wah all you guys suck!" threads we've been seeing a lot of lately really get under my skin. You're mad you don't get respect or people aren't nice to you, but you think a whining thread is going to change that and not make situations worse? THINK people. I don't get why people who are so unhappy on the forum continue to post on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

VentMedic

Forum Chief
It melted down into fighting.

So... It could have been locked and the last couple of posts deleted. Those with good information by Rid and others could have stayed. For that one I don't believe the moderator had enough info or background to understand the seriousness of the thread.

Sasha

Forum Chief
So... It could have been locked and the last couple of posts deleted. Those with good information by Rid and others could have stayed. For that one I don't believe the moderator had enough info or background to understand the seriousness of the thread.

I suppose you are right, but it just may have been easier to go through and delete the entire thing then chop it up. Maybe they will be convinced to bring it back, who knows.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I don't remember anything nasty going on in the ambulance cleaning thread? I had been in ther eand posted a few times on how we clean our rigs and others had too, was it one of those situations in which it turned ugly in a matter of hours and we got 7 pages of nasty? And if so, wny not delete the 7 pages in the end? We had some good discussion in the first few pages!

In that thread there were a total of 7 infractions issued, and posts were individually removed from that thread on three separate occasions...even after I posted a warning in the thread. That's why that one was pulled.

medic417

The Truth Provider
In that thread there were a total of 7 infractions issued, and posts were individually removed from that thread on three separate occasions...even after I posted a warning in the thread. That's why that one was pulled.

You mean people other than me get infractions?:p

With the high pay you don't get I don't blame you guys for giving up the clean up efforts and blocking the topics. Might be easier to copy and paste the couple of good posts onto a new topic.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Again, we don't actually delete anything here. We just make it so the members can't see it. So we would have to create a new thread just to say we removed a thread...

Then couldn't you make the posts so the members couldn't see them, show only the Mod's post explaining why the thread was closed, and then lock that thread?

If we knew why a certain thread was closed, we could avoid that in the future. It's like grounding a child for doing something wrong, but not telling them what they did that caused them to be grounded.

medic417

The Truth Provider
If you get an infraction you know why you were disciplined. The rest just know its gone so should be able to presume there were rule violations. Even if mods say anything it would likely be blocked for rules violations. Thus we still do not know more than we do now when they disappear.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
If you get an infraction you know why you were disciplined. The rest just know its gone so should be able to presume there were rule violations. Even if mods say anything it would likely be blocked for rules violations. Thus we still do not know more than we do now when they disappear.

What about those who are contributing to the discussion, and are not getting infractions. The only way we find out what happened in that thread is through word-of-mouth.

Sasha

Forum Chief
What about those who are contributing to the discussion, and are not getting infractions. The only way we find out what happened in that thread is through word-of-mouth.

They don't delete a thread for no reason, you can pretty much guess why they deleted a thread.

OP
OP
medichopeful

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
If anyone reads the threads prior to deletion or lock, it's pretty obvious WHY they are gone.

Yes, but sometimes things happen quickly. I am not on here 24/7, and neither is anybody else. So if one person starts something, by the time another person goes back to read the thread, it may have disappeared, which leaves the person wondering what happened, especially if they had posted in the thread.